Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 18th 2013 new

1. If Your Mind Wanders at Mass by Thomas Howard

2. On Being Catholic by Thomas Howard

3. The Catholic Church Through the Ages by John Vidmar, OP

4. The Rosary by Gary Wills

5. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(5 of many favorite Catholic books; not in any particular order)

1)Praying Scripture for a Change-An Introduction to Lectio Divina (Dr. Tim Gray)

2)Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II's Love and Responsibility (Dr. Edward Sri)

3)Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: New Testament

4)I Believe in Love: A Personal Retreat Based on the Teaching of St. Thérèse of Lisieux (Jean C. J. d'Elbée)

5)Catechism of the Catholic Church

Apr 24th 2013 new

1. All of St. Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer's writings.

2. Summa Theologiae [use it a lot for school].

3. The Three Ages of the Interior Life by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P. [I get a lot of use out of this as well- handy if you do not have a spiriutal director].

4. The Navarre Study Bible [Expensive, but worth the investment. Even my 12 year old loves the series].

5. Purgatory and Hell by Fr. F.X. Schouppe

Apr 24th 2013 new

Hrm...

1) The Great Divorce - C.S. Lewis
2) Three to Get Married - Archbishop Fulton Sheen
3) Theology of the Body for Beginners - Christopher West
4) Confessions of St. Augustine
5) A Canticle for Lebowitz - Walter Miller

I particularly like 1 and 5, as sometimes a different context speaking from a hypothetical and nondogmatic view helps you to think with greater clarity.

Apr 24th 2013 new
Everything C.S. Lewis especially The Great Divorce Poem of the ManGod by Maria Valtorta The Devil's Final Battle by Fr.Paul Kramer Three To Get Married by Archbp. Sheen Heaven's Song by Christopher West True DevotionTo The Blessed Virgin Mary by St. Louis de Montfort only 5? I left out Peter Kreeft...
Apr 24th 2013 new

1) 33 Days to Morning Glory- by Michael Gaitley (consecrated myself to Mary)

2) The Divine Mercy Diary by St. Faustina :) Her messages offer such peace. At the end of a long day, I look up sections and quickly feel thankful for any frustration I've encountered

3) Philosophy of Religion selected readings- I'm a philosophy minor (possibly major) and although this book isn't Catholic there are a lot of articles from Catholic philosophers that I've found very interesting. Aside from that I simply enjoy tearing apart the other arguments.

4) My Vocation is Love (St. Therese of Lisieux)- by Jean LaFrance (She's my confirmation Saint)

5) The Ignatius Catholic Study Bible- I love closing my eyes and randomly pointing to a verse. Just as we pray to God, I feel that sometimes I should ask Him what I need to focus on first. Then I write Him a letter for the day and it's been very fulfilling. :)

Apr 25th 2013 new
the Bible
Apr 27th 2013 new

I Believe in Love- Fr. Jean d'Elbee
How to Pray Always- Raoul Plus, S.J.
Introduction to the Devout Life- St. Francis de Sales
Spiritual Combat- Lorenzo Scupoli
Imitation of Christ- Kempis

And of course my Bible and Breviary

Apr 28th 2013 new

Ummm... I have over 400 books, with at least 50 per cent of them Catholic Faith based (theology, saints, etc.) so I will have to get back to you. It's funny because I tend to be more of a minimalist, except with books. Many of my favorites have already been mentioned above.

Now I have to think which 5 are my favorites...

May 9th 2013 new
1. The Way of the Pilgrim

2. The Philokalia

3. Orthodoxy by GK Chesterton

4. My Life in Christ by St.John of Krohnstadt

5. The Catholic Controversy by St. Francis DeSales
Posts 11 - 20 of 36