This room is for discussion concerning issues related to what is commonly described as the "Traditional Catholic" movement in the Roman Rite and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.
Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius
2. The Philokalia
3. Orthodoxy by GK Chesterton
4. My Life in Christ by St.John of Krohnstadt
5. The Catholic Controversy by St. Francis DeSales
1. The Seven Story Mountain - Thomas Merton
2. Hail, Holy Queen - Scott Hahn
3. Orthodoxy - G.K. Chesterton
4. Wise Blood - Flannery O'Connor
5. Mountain Beyond Mountains - Tracy Kidder (not necessarily Catholic, but had a profound effect on me)
1. The Bible
2. Imitation of Christ - Thomas Kempis
3. "Ten Prayers God always says Yes to" Anthony DeStefano (this book was a life saver when my husband was diagnosed with cancer and later died)
4. Mother Teresa - Come be my light
5. Catholic Book of Saints
6. Catechism of the Catholic Church _ I refer to this when I have any questions or doubts
1) The St. Joseph's Catholic Bible
2) My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
3) The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
4) Baltimore Catechism
5) Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
6) The Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lisieux
7) Divine Mercy in My Soul by Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska
A few of my favorites (that I still own):Heliotropium - Fr Jeremy Drexelius, SJ Igniting a Fire Within - Thomas Dubay, SM An Excorcist Tells His Story - Fr Gabriele Amorth Diary of Saint Faustina The Spirit of the Liturgy - Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger
Like everyone else, I have many others.
- Blessed Eucharist by Fr. Michael Mueller
- Day by Day With Saint Augustine
- Divine Intimacy - daily readings by Fr. Gabriel
- Just for Today - daily readings from St. Therese of Lisieux & The Imitation of Christ
- Spiritual Excellence-How to Make Progress in Prayer & Love by Alban Goodier, S.J.
Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
Stories of Padre Pio by Madame Katherina Tangari
Advent and Christmas Wisdom from Padre Pio complied by Anthony F. Chiffolo
The Way of Divine Love by Sister Josefa Menendez
Latin Missal (St. Andrew's version)
Sorry, I only own those 2 books and The Purgatorium Manual, which I haven't yet read.
--"This Tremendous Lover" by M. Eugene Boylan, O.Cist.
--"Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence" by Fr Jean Baptists Saint-Jure, S.J.
--"An Easy Way to Become a Saint" by Fr Paul O'Sullivan, O.P.
--(not Catholic) "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young