This room is for discussion concerning issues related to what is commonly described as the "Traditional Catholic" movement in the Roman Rite and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.
Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius
1) The Catholic Controversy - a collection of treatises of St. Francis de Sales
2) The Breviloquium - St. Bonaventure
3) The Way of Divine Love - Sr. Josefa Menendez
4) True Devotion to Mary - St. Louis de Montfort
5) The Secrets of the Rosary - St. Louis de Montfort
my "bonus book" would be :
The Roman Catechism (i.e., the Catechism of the Council of Trent)
2) Fundamentals of Catholic dogma, by Dr. Ludwig Van Ott
3) Uniformity to God's Will (actually a short treatise) by Father of the Church, St. Alphonsus Liguouri
4.) 100- year old Douay-Rheims Bible
5) My '62 Missal.
Ok, if numbers 4 an 5 do not qualify because in this thread they were "givens", then I would say...
4) My two-part publication of "Lamentabili Sane" along with "Pascendi Dominicis Gregis"
5) Sources of Catholic Dogma (out of print)
Also, I may add "The Devout Life" by St. Francis de Sales".
After that, then "Story of a Soul" by St. Therese of Lisieux
Recently: "Prayers and Meditations of St. Anselm" (Penguin)
Less recently: "Life of St. Columba" by St. Admomnan of Iona
A lot less recently: "Secret of the Rosary" by St. Louis de Montfort and "City of God" by St. Augustine
Sunday Sermons of the Great Fathers by the Church Fathers
The Mystical City of God by Venerable Mary of Agreda (but also St. Augustine).
A Tour of the Summa by MSGR Paul J. Glenn
Not by Faith Alone The Biblical Evidence for the Catholic Doctrine of Justification by Robert A. Sungenis
2. Summa Theologiae
3. Cathecism of the Catholic Church
4. The Story of a Soul
5. Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives
2. The YouCat
3. Padre Pio: Man of Hope
4. The Way
5. Kathryn Spink's biography of Mother Theresa