Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why. scratchchin

03/30/2013 new

Of course this is not true. Men can be just as stupid as women in the love department. It is best to get through the lust stage first, then talk anything serious. Your spouse is the one you walk thropugh life with, you must be serious friends. Yes that is atleast 6 dates.

03/30/2013 new

If it's true...no wonder marriages fail at the rate they do.

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: but women need at least six. www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why.

--hide--

Wow. Lately, I keep hearing people say, "I just knew when I met him/her." I just find that interesting.

03/31/2013 new

I met my husband through work and first over the phone, then in person. I "knew" when I talked with him over the phone and he said the same thing. When we met for the first time at work, we both knew. One of his colleagues pointed it out to us, he said it was so obvious. And the rest is history. I wonder will it ever happen again?

03/31/2013 new

Jane, I first met my former husband over the phone, too. He had such a deep voice & that intrigued me. After we met in person for our first date, I couldn't remember what he looked like, but I remembered his voice. We married 3 months later. Our marriage lasted 25 years before he decided he wanted a new life.

This guy I'm seeing that I met here on CM, I was intrigued by his profile picture. It seemed I could look directly into his eyes & his eyes held the impression of kindness and just a touch of a smile. Who knows how this friendship will turn out?

03/31/2013 new

I have found, over the years, that there have been several people with whom I had that "I just knew" feeling. But it merely means that you will have a significant effect on that person's life, or that he/she will have a significant effect on yours.

"Love at first sight" it is not.

03/31/2013 new

After our first date John went home and told his brothers that he was going to marry me. We were married 10 months later and it lasted until we were parted by death. For me though it wasn't that fast, but I knew he was special.

03/31/2013 new

Hmm...how interesting. Perhaps this is why the man most often does the woeing and the winning? He's got to work for the prize. lady's handkerchief

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I have found, over the years, that there have been several people with whom I had that "I ju...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I have found, over the years, that there have been several people with whom I had that "I just knew" feeling. But it merely means that you will have a significant effect on that person's life, or that he/she will have a significant effect on yours.

"Love at first sight" it is not.

--hide--

As depressing as it may sound, its true. "That feeling" can mean a plethora of things and it doesn't necessarily mean that person is the one for you. I also don't necessarily agree with everything the OP's article mentions but in general men do move a lot faster than women. Haha.

Posts 1 - 10 of 49