Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 5th 2013 new

I love all of these stories about true love and finding the "Right person" When I met my late husband it was at college before the internet even existed we met on a intercolligate computer systerm where you could send messages to people only that were logged on though our university. We began talking on the computer sending messages love notes he wrote me poetry. Then after 2 months he asked me out for my birthday. He immediatly spoke about how we are great for each other and how he is enoying himself on our dates and wanted to see me more. We both were hopeless romantics and that had a lot to do with us finding each other. He would kiddingly joke about getting married and wouldn't it be great! But we never spoke seriously about it until at least a year. Then we dated for 2 and a half years before he popped the question. I let him do all the decision making and pursing of me and he told me soon and I don't remember if it was after 5 dates but it was soon there after that he wanted to be exclusive with me and he was falling in love with me very soon I would say after more than 5 dates probally more like 20. While everyone said oh he is moving too fast I didn't care he and I had a blast being with each other. We were happily married for 15 years and I knew him for 18 years when God called him to heaven. So I agree with what is being said most men know very soon as mine did and he told me what he wanted so there was no question. The basis is we were best friends first and always. So when I read that woman are wondering hey does this guy I just went out with like me or is he interested I always tell them you will know if he is interested or not maybe not at first but within a few months and if nothing is said then he is not interested. My mom used to tell me prior to marriage when I asked when I find someone how will I know mom she used to say don't worry God and him will let you know and you will just know if he is the right one and for me it turned out to be true. The key is listen to your heart and go with your feelings and have fun and a great time and develop friendship first and let it happen don't force it.

Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Rochelle-950483 said: My husband always said he knew right from the first time he met me. Unfortunately, the first time I met him ...
(Quote) Rochelle-950483 said:

My husband always said he knew right from the first time he met me. Unfortunately, the first time I met him I thought he was a real sleaze. He tried to take me out a couple of times but I always had some nonsense excuse why I could not go. He would just say, "OK, maybe next time." I would think, "not in this lifetime."

Three years later, I moved 2 counties away (75 miles) to the 'country'. I went to the store early one morning and this man came running up to me, saying, "Don't I know you?" It was him! He was living in a house one street over from where I had bought a house!

I did not see him again for 3 months and one morning (6:45) I took a ride down his street and he was standing in the driveway looking up at the sky scratching his head. I stopped and he said he just had the craziest and strongest feeling to come outside. Go figure! We were together 21 years until he passed.

--hide--

Great story Rochelle! You just never know.
Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Great story Rochelle! You just never know.
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Great story Rochelle! You just never know.
--hide--

Never say never!

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former hu...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former husband definitely pursued me and was "LUSTstruck" but he didn't have the capability to "love" as St. Thomas Aquinas defines love ("to will the good of the other in every instance"). LOVE is a committment, LOVE is a process, LOVE is NOT a feeling; LUST is a feeling.

NO wonder the divorce rate is so high and continuing to climb.......the world is filled with a bunch of lust-filled men who do not know how to love.

--hide--

There is a similar problem on the female side as well, especially in the younger generations. They talk about sexting, hookups and FWB as if it were "no biggie". While many struggle with the emotional heartache of these practices, others flaunt it.

Much of the problem can be laid (no pun intended) at the door of the contraceptive mentality. The VAST majority of single women believe contraception is a Right. Even most so-called "serious, conservative Christian women" support it. Promiscuous males (can't really call them Men) in turn adapt their hunting ("dating") strategies to feed on this "morality".

Women looking for mates often abandon traditional marriage. They're explicitly looking for nothing more than "physical chemistry" and "sexual compatibility" with their "SO" or "partner". Sex comes as early as the first date. Others think it "smart" to wait until the 3rd date. Virtually none are willing to wait until marriage. They "hope" that their next relationship lasts a few years, but have little expectation beyond that. There is a lot of confusion out there because their (a)moral code comes from TV and movies and the reality doesn't mesh well with the liberal/Hollywood mythology.

Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Rochelle-950483 said: Never say never!
(Quote) Rochelle-950483 said:

Never say never!

--hide--

Someone just said those words to me yesterday! We were talking about job security though.

Rochelle, I just had to say that you can be surprised where you can find that special person.

I thought I found him at jury duty a long time ago but the timing and circumstances were not

right. Who know where God will place you! Eileen
Apr 6th 2013 new

I keep hearing the Monkees song, "I'm A Believer" for some reason. :lol:

note "Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer."

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: I keep hearing the Monkees song, "I'm A Believer" for some reason...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

I keep hearing the Monkees song, "I'm A Believer" for some reason. :lol:

"Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer."

--hide--

or ........... www.youtube.com

Apr 6th 2013 new

I met my wife and 4 weeks later proposed and stayed married for 27yrs til she died., We were both ready to be married when we met. dan

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Sol-496426 said: but women need at least six. www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why.

--hide--

When am I going to meet your older sister??
Posts 41 - 49 of 49