Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

03/31/2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Ok Brian my apologies. I was more directing my lament at the people behind these frauds and their m...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

Ok Brian my apologies. I was more directing my lament at the people behind these frauds and their motavation, then the way the site is run.
You gentleman or "fellers" do an excellant job. I see how my post sounded like I was complaining about the staff here at CM.
God bless and have a Happy Easter.

--hide--

Rob...Welcome to the forums...and Happy Easter!! Bunny! Chelle

04/02/2013 new

I am not at all surprised, they pop up everywhere. I have been on various dating websites in my life and was amazed, shocked and so frustrated by scammers. It is most definitely not just something the men experience. It is rampant and it is very frustrating. Luckily I have not encountered that on CM (yet). I have encountered someone very innapropriate though and I was surprised by his online behavior considering it's a religious oriented site. I specifically chose this site hoping to encounter a man who is more serious and respectful. Online can be very scary!

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Ok Brian my apologies. I was more directing my lament at the people behind these frauds and their m...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

Ok Brian my apologies. I was more directing my lament at the people behind these frauds and their motavation, then the way the site is run.
You gentleman or "fellers" do an excellant job. I see how my post sounded like I was complaining about the staff here at CM.
God bless and have a Happy Easter.

--hide--

I would hazard a guess that if you were directing your post to the scammers, it was probably a waste of time.. My impression is that they are here solely to find a 'victim' as quickly as possible and get that 'victim' off the site to pull off their scam.. I seriously doubt they spend much time perusing around the Forums.. The members who frequent the Forums are most generally wonderful people and legitimately looking for a spouse.

04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, that write thei...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, that write their introduction in broken english "Ams looking for sincere and honest mans, to have beautiful family with. This from someone from Indiana or Ohio ect.. Then if you write them a message they immediately want to take the conversation off site to private emails which is the big tip off. So my first message to them is "You ams fake profile turn back to Jesus and quit trying to scam honest people, and wallah the next day I get "this profile no longer available".

So I know managemant is aware of these frauds and they probably can't do anything about it, just wanted to give the fellers a heads up.
(yes I'm bringing back the word "fellers" it's long overdue

--hide--
:( sorry to hear you had bad experiences, but I think you've found a good way to detect fake profiles and your search now is easier. God bless you!
Apr 25 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what's a man to do. I wish these frauds would at...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what's a man to do.
I wish these frauds would at least learn how to speak english
I will say they do find some pretty women to fillout the profile with.

--hide--

AS a woman I can same the exact same thing....there is a certain pattern or MO that the 'fakers' use, of course, not all who have 'bad English' or improper grammar (I for one, despite my college degree make major grammatical errors, but I also am fluent in Spanish so sometimes I think in Spanish and type in English, not exactly error proof) anywho...it has happened to a lot of us (scammers) you can either ignore them or take a chance on the profile you are interested in and if the little red flags start 'a wavin' run the other way... God Bless!!

Posts 11 - 15 of 15