Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi everyone,Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross...
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said:

Hi everyone,

Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross, and also know many others who do. You would be surprised how many people struggle with this without you noticing it. But I wanted to ask all of you to pray for those who bear this cross, that Christ gives them all the grace to offer up their sufferings for the salvation of souls. I also encourage asking the intercession of St. Dymphna, patron of mentally ill and family harmony and other nervous diseases.

Personally for myself, please pray that those helping me:psychiatrist, psychologist, spiritual director; help me to make the most of the gifts I have been given. I also need prayers for a good solid spiritual director. But pray for everyone affected by mental illness, because you will most likely be praying for everyone, considering that if you are mentally healthy, you still know people who have mental illness. Pray for acceptance and charity of all people.

God bless you all,
Joshua

--hide--
Joshua, I am praying for you and success in everyday life. You are right when you say there are alot of people affected with mental illness as well as family members who struggle every day. Believe, stay strong, have faith and stay with the program. Eileen
Apr 2nd 2013 new

Thank you everyone for praying for this intention. I thank God for the support and encouragement you give through His grace. I have started praying an additional Rosary each day specifically for the physically and mentally ill. Don't hesitate to ask me for prayers or a Rosary for a specific person or intention. Until I find some steady work to keep me busy I pray a lot of Rosary's in my spare time. But I am beginning to get the help I need through doctors and others. God bless you and thank you all again.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Praying for you by name now hug

Apr 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi everyone,Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross...
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said:

Hi everyone,

Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross, and also know many others who do. You would be surprised how many people struggle with this without you noticing it. But I wanted to ask all of you to pray for those who bear this cross, that Christ gives them all the grace to offer up their sufferings for the salvation of souls. I also encourage asking the intercession of St. Dymphna, patron of mentally ill and family harmony and other nervous diseases.

Personally for myself, please pray that those helping me:psychiatrist, psychologist, spiritual director; help me to make the most of the gifts I have been given. I also need prayers for a good solid spiritual director. But pray for everyone affected by mental illness, because you will most likely be praying for everyone, considering that if you are mentally healthy, you still know people who have mental illness. Pray for acceptance and charity of all people.

God bless you all,
Joshua

--hide--

Praying Praying rosary theheart
Apr 2nd 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Praying

Apr 3rd 2013 new
Joshua, I'm sorry you are going through this. May you and all those who fight this battle know the healing touch of our Lord. May you feel His presence even during the darkest times- He is ALWAYS at your side. And Joshua, thank you for being such a great example of how we should respond to adversity. It takes strength and courage to reach out when we are hurting. It takes a loving heart to think of others and not just focus on one's own needs. It takes real faith to never lose sight of the power of prayer. I commend you.
Apr 3rd 2013 new

Praying

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Praying rosary

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Praying theheart

Posts 21 - 30 of 39