Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

May 2nd 2013 new
Cardinals win 4-2 over the Reds! clap
May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Allen-311949 said: Phillies not doing so well early in the season; ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Allen-311949 said:

Phillies not doing so well early in the season; but at least the D-Backs won last Thursday. Chase Field is a very nice park if you ever get to see it. The full moon rising over the opening in the roof in the 8th inning was nice touch.

I attended a game at Chase Field in May 2009, the D-Backs lost that particular contest to the Washington Nationals. As I recall, both teams stunk that year - certainly the Nats did.

I agree, it is a nice park. One very cool thing is that I was able to take the light rail to the ball park and thus didn't have to worry about parking. There was a light rail station about half a block from the Hampton Inn I was staying at in Phoenix.

--hide--
We were staying in Scottsdale, but did drive to a light rail station. Very nice ride and no hassle parking. They want to build a light rail in Raleigh but not enough people want it.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Yes Reena, it was great of him to do that, he flew into Boston that morning and called the front office to...
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Yes Reena, it was great of him to do that, he flew into Boston that morning and called the front office to see if he could sing. No one knew he was coming. It's actually on u tube.
--hide--

Wow! Can you imagine what it must've been like for the FO , esp the person who picked up the phone?

FO: Hello Fenway, can I help you?

ND: Yes this is Neil Diamond, I was wondering if I can sing "Sweet Caroline " live...

FO: Stop lying! (that's probably what I would say ) laughing

Or maybe it was his agent who called, who knows..but I'm so happy for Boston when he did that. What a class act.

anyway...The As did ok with the Angels, too bad they lost yesterday...but beat them Yankees! Go As! hyper

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Yes Reena, it was great of him to do that, he flew into Boston that morning and called the front office to...
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Yes Reena, it was great of him to do that, he flew into Boston that morning and called the front office to see if he could sing. No one knew he was coming. It's actually on u tube.
--hide--

Wow! Can you imagine what it must've been like for the FO , esp the person who picked up the phone?

ND: Yes this is Neil Diamond, I was wondering if I can sing "Sweet Caroline " live...

FO: Stop lying! (that's probably what I would say ) laughing

Or maybe it was his agent who called, who knows..but I'm so happy for Boston when he did that. What a class act.

anyway...The As did ok with the Angels, too bad they lost yesterday...but beat them Yankees! Go As! hyper

May 3rd 2013 new

Well at least they can beat the Fishies and the Mets (hey that's 36 games laughing ). Phillies win 7-2.

May 3rd 2013 new
6 runs in the third inning was enough to give the Cardinals the win over the Brewers and give Jake Westbrook his 100th win. Final score Cardinals 6 Brewers 5. clap
May 4th 2013 new
Cardinals get 15 hits including 2 home runs to take down the Brewers 6-1! highfive
May 4th 2013 new
Cardinals reliever Jason Motte is undergoing Tommy John surgery.
May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Wow! Can you imagine what it must've been like for the FO , esp the person who picked up the p...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

FO: Stop lying! (that's probably what I would say )

anyway...The As did ok with the Angels, too bad they lost yesterday...but beat them Yankees! Go As!

--hide--
No he was the one who called, and I'm sure that the FO was surprised, and probably didn't believe him at first. But it was an amazing thing, added to what Boston needed that day. I knew someone who was there at her first Sox game, what a great time to pick for your first game. Any team that beats the Yankees is my second favorite team !
May 5th 2013 new
Jon Jay homered and drove in the winning run in the ninth to give the Cardinals a 7-6 win over the Brewers. highfive
Posts 101 - 110 of 200