Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Apr 29th 2013 new

Tigers beat the Braves, 8-3, to complete a series sweep!!! biggrin

Go Tigers!  In this photo are a Tigers cap (natch), my stuffed tiger 'Ty', a 2006 World Series baseball autographed by Nate Robe

"Go Tigers! In this photo are a Tigers cap (natch)..."

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-953571 said: Papa Grande is back!
(Quote) Laura-953571 said: Papa Grande is back!
--hide--

Welcome to the forums Laura .... nice to have another Tigers fan here. (In case you're wondering what a Tigers fan is doing in West Virginia -- I'm originally from Detroit and have stayed true to my Motor City teams.)

Post often! And LET'S GO TIGERS!

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hey thanks, Bob - that's right Sweet Caroline forgot about that. Yeah I read about that - so aw...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Hey thanks, Bob - that's right Sweet Caroline forgot about that. Yeah I read about that - so awesome of Neil Diamond. I hope A's will break past this losing streak ahhhhh!!!! Go As!!!!!!!

--hide--
Yes Reena, it was great of him to do that, he flew into Boston that morning and called the front office to see if he could sing. No one knew he was coming. It's actually on u tube.
Apr 30th 2013 new
Cardinals lose to the Reds 2-1! weeping
May 1st 2013 new

Jays beat the Bo Sox 9-7!!!!! Go Jays!!

May 1st 2013 new
Jaime Garcia's eight strong innings and Matt Holliday's two run homer in the sixth gives the Cardinals a 2-1 victory over the Reds. clap
May 1st 2013 new

Phillies not doing so well early in the season; but at least the D-Backs won last Thursday. Chase Field is a very nice park if you ever get to see it. The full moon rising over the opening in the roof in the 8th inning was nice touch.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Allen-311949 said: Phillies not doing so well early in the season; but at least the D-Backs won last Thursday.
(Quote) Allen-311949 said:

Phillies not doing so well early in the season; but at least the D-Backs won last Thursday. Chase Field is a very nice park if you ever get to see it. The full moon rising over the opening in the roof in the 8th inning was nice touch.

--hide--

I attended a game at Chase Field in May 2009, the D-Backs lost that particular contest to the Washington Nationals. As I recall, both teams stunk that year - certainly the Nats did.

I agree, it is a nice park. One very cool thing is that I was able to take the light rail to the ball park and thus didn't have to worry about parking. There was a light rail station about half a block from the Hampton Inn I was staying at in Phoenix.

May 1st 2013 new

Texas Rangers were down early to the Chicago White Sox (2-0) and then started taking care of business....including 2 back to back home runs in the 3rd or 4th. Final score Texas-10 Chicago 6

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Jays beat the Bo Sox 9-7!!!!! Go Jays!!
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Jays beat the Bo Sox 9-7!!!!! Go Jays!!

--hide--
Don't worry, the Sox will be back tonight. Clay B will be 6-0.
Posts 91 - 100 of 200