Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

04/02/2013 new

I dont think the Korean War ever ended.You have the same warlike Stalinist government that was set up by Russia in 1945.The Kim family has always wanted the same thing.To reunite Korea under Red Rule.

04/02/2013 new

I'd say that we're dealing with finance capital against industrial capital and modern republics. It is really a battle of the money-lenders in the temple against real progress. The Catholic Church used to condemn usury as a mortal sin, although usury is hardly ever mentioned anymore.

No argument that China and Russia do not have pleasant histories. The usurers of the world do not want nation-states devoted to the common good. Perhaps the worst thing for the usurers of finance capital would be large nations such as China and Russia imitating what the United States managed to accomplish in the past.

So, please feel free to make fun of me all you want, call me obsessed with the Illuminati, etc.

(Quote) Edward-736480 said: To a certain extent, yes. And while you accuse the rest of us of bias against non-US news sources, I ha...
(Quote) Edward-736480 said: To a certain extent, yes. And while you accuse the rest of us of bias against non-US news sources, I have to say you sound lacking in critical appraisal of *non* US outlets. My statements regarding China and Russia being anti-democratic and authoritarian stand. Feel free to blame the Bavarian Illuminati or whomever, if you like, but I reserve my own right to believe that the world is a messier, more chaotic place than you seem comfortable with.
--hide--

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's right.When people don't understand something,they call it a conspiracy and write i...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

That's right.When people don't understand something,they call it a conspiracy and write it off,or label you as crazy.

--hide--

Well, I'll give you that there is a link between not understanding and conspiracy.

The primary thing that the conspiracy theory folks don't understand is the difference between evidenc and proof. naturally, since they can't distinguish evidence and proof, the notion that evidence can be strong or weak utterly escapes them. Couple this with a penchant for claiming a priori knowledge, and you've got somebody who is ripe to believe in conspiracy theory.

So your typical conspiracy theorist collects a bunch of isolated facts, strings them together into something sinister sounding, declares it to be "proven" and then marvels at how "blind" everybody else is. It doesn't occur to them that it isn't blindness to not see something that isn't there.

04/02/2013 new

It is interesting how conspiracy theorists always, always have some sort of special nugget of knowledge that is unseen and/or unknown by nearly everyone else. It makes having a rational discussion nigh impossible.

Ed

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: Well, I'll give you that there is a link between not understanding and conspiracy.
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Well, I'll give you that there is a link between not understanding and conspiracy.

The primary thing that the conspiracy theory folks don't understand is the difference between evidenc and proof. naturally, since they can't distinguish evidence and proof, the notion that evidence can be strong or weak utterly escapes them. Couple this with a penchant for claiming a priori knowledge, and you've got somebody who is ripe to believe in conspiracy theory.

So your typical conspiracy theorist collects a bunch of isolated facts, strings them together into something sinister sounding, declares it to be "proven" and then marvels at how "blind" everybody else is. It doesn't occur to them that it isn't blindness to not see something that isn't there.

--hide--

What is your understanding, then? That China and Russia aren't being encircled by NATO? Our own media show the strategy of NATO in this regard.

You just set up a sham argument and then shot it down. What, exactly, are you trying to describe?

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: It is interesting how conspiracy theorists always, always have some sort of special nugget of knowled...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

It is interesting how conspiracy theorists always, always have some sort of special nugget of knowledge that is unseen and/or unknown by nearly everyone else. It makes having a rational discussion nigh impossible.

Ed

--hide--

What is it with you people and conspiracy theories? You're obsessed with them.

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: It is interesting how conspiracy theorists always, always have some sort of special nugget of knowled...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Ed

--hide--

Exactly. The conspiracy theorist always has some psychic knowledge about what "They" are up to.

Another characteristic is how they are never bothered by the absence of things that should be true if their theory is correct. Likewise they aren't bothered when their conspiracy theory is unnecesarily complicated to accomplish whatever goal it is that the evil "They" are supposed to be trying to achieve.

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: Well, I'll give you that there is a link between not understanding and conspiracy.

--hide--
Sounds more like the evning News. eyebrow

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: Exactly. The conspiracy theorist always has some psychic knowledge about what &qu...

Exactly. The conspiracy theorist always has some psychic knowledge about what "They" are up to.

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

04/03/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: What is it with you people and conspiracy theories? You're obsessed with them....
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

What is it with you people and conspiracy theories? You're obsessed with them.

--hide--

Yet, neither Ed nor John has spouted even a single conspiracy.

While you weave a continuing tangle of conspiracies that encompass the complaints from the most left of the left to those of the most right of the right along with everything in between.

Posts 41 - 50 of 110