Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I am vehemently opposed to more unnecessary wars- Iran in particular, but this guy Un is a seriou...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I am vehemently opposed to more unnecessary wars- Iran in particular, but this guy Un is a serious threat and needs to be neutralized. In this case, I believe a military solution is the only answer. It's been going on too long, and is a serious drain on our resources. If we go in though, it must be to completely destroy the North Korean military, then let the South Koreans occupy and rehabilitate their countrymen.

--hide--
So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have an all-out attack be all S Korea's doing with our support? Do we have the accurate intelligence on how capable Un's nuclear power is? And how does any of this fit into our Catholic morals?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have an all-out attack be all S Korea's doing with our support? Do we have the accurate intelligence on how capable Un's nuclear power is? And how does any of this fit into our Catholic morals?

--hide--
We could ask the same of all those here on CM who are just fine with attacking Iran on behalf of our "ally"- unprovoked. The difference as I see it is Kim Jong Un is unstable and actually threatened the US. I believe there is only one conflict since WWII that can be justified, and that is Afghanistan. Un does not respond to reason and neither did his father and grandfather.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: If only Wall Street banks could fake an alien invasion...think of the possibilities! Lord ...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

If only Wall Street banks could fake an alien invasion...think of the possibilities! Lord Xenu would demand that all bank deposits be handed over, with JP Morgan Chase serving as an intermediary between the human masses and the "aliens."

--hide--
Sean, I see you've read a little on $cientology- I've been fascinated for some time by how gullible some folks are to be drawn into cults. Kim Jong Un, his father and grandfather are arguably cult leaders. They have developed a cult of personality around themselves- quite successfully.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Sean, I see you've read a little on $cientology- I've been fascinated for some time by ho...

Sean, I see you've read a little on $cientology- I've been fascinated for some time by how gullible some folks are to be drawn into cults. Kim Jong Un, his father and grandfather are arguably cult leaders. They have developed a cult of personality around themselves- quite successfully.

--hide--

Yes, cults are fascinating. I've read about how intelligence services have created and exploited them for subversive activities - e.g., brainwashing, drug-running and money-laundering. The KGB, CIA and MI6 all have been allegedly involved in fostering cults. Widespread "discrediting" of more rational religions creates an authority vacuum into which cults can be inserted to exploit minds looking for some sort of guidance. Throw in heavy drug-use and you have a volatile combination. L. Ron Hubbard was a very well-connected man. Very interesting and disturbing stuff!

Apr 3rd 2013 new

The dictionary is a wonderful thing:

Definition of "conspiracy theory" and a "list of conspiracy theories"

1st Source:
dictionary.reference.com

Dictionary.com definitions:
conspiracy theory noun 1. a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.
2. the idea that many important political events or econimic and social trends are the products of secret plot that are largely unknown to the general public.

World English Dictionary definition conspiracy theory n the belief that the government or a covert organization is responsible for an event that is unusual or unexplained, esp when any such involvement is denied

List of Conspiracy Theories: >>> 2nd source >>>en.wikipedia.org

(Wikipedia seems to be a reasonable source in this case, although there are perhaps more authoritative sources.)

Ed

Apr 3rd 2013 new

The info is out there for people who can read and think for themselves. As far as I know, "conspiracy theory" is solely an American concept. People in other parts of the world might do more thinking than we do here. I don't agree with everything on RT, but much of the news on there would fit under the definition of "conspiracy theory." So either Russians are idiots, or we Americans just don't get the whole story from mainstream media. Considering how monopolized our media are, I would go with the latter.

(Quote) ED-20630 said: The dictionary is a wonderful thing: Definit...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

The dictionary is a wonderful thing:

Definition of "conspiracy theory" and a "list of conspiracy theories"

1st Source:
dictionary.reference.com

Dictionary.com definitions:
conspiracy theory noun 1. a theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a group.
2. the idea that many important political events or econimic and social trends are the products of secret plot that are largely unknown to the general public.

World English Dictionary definition conspiracy theory n the belief that the government or a covert organization is responsible for an event that is unusual or unexplained, esp when any such involvement is denied

List of Conspiracy Theories: >>> 2nd source >>>en.wikipedia.org

(Wikipedia seems to be a reasonable source in this case, although there are perhaps more authoritative sources.)

Ed

--hide--

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: We could ask the same of all those here on CM who are just fine with attacking Iran on behalf of ...

We could ask the same of all those here on CM who are just fine with attacking Iran on behalf of our "ally"- unprovoked. The difference as I see it is Kim Jong Un is unstable and actually threatened the US. I believe there is only one conflict since WWII that can be justified, and that is Afghanistan. Un does not respond to reason and neither did his father and grandfather.

--hide--

When the big boys in London and lower Manhattan are backed into a corner, they'll start fires everywhere. That's what we're seeing all over the place these days, from North Africa to Central Asia and beyond. Maybe they'll yank out the Zionists for another stunt? Who knows what's next on "As the World Burns"?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Ese-944175 said: I have the feeling that it will blow over. North Korea knows that they don't stand a chance aga...
(Quote) Ese-944175 said:

I have the feeling that it will blow over. North Korea knows that they don't stand a chance against America. NK is just trying to provoke SK & America to strike first, but they won't. Dear God, I pray that the rising tension in NK does not escalate and that a peaceful solution can be found. Amen.

--hide--

I think you are right, Ese.

click on picture to make it bigger.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Before it reaches the US, it will have done damage to nearby Asian countries. We are the expe...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Before it reaches the US, it will have done damage to nearby Asian countries. We are the experimental guinea pigs.

"The New York Times' David Sanger, appearing on CBS's Face the Nation, said the North's missile range is probably only half what they need to hit the lower 48 states, but the danger remains high.

"They've now conducted a third nuclear test, and by all the early indications, this time it really worked," Mr. Sanger said. "They have sent a missile as far as the Philippines. If you do the math on that, they're about halfway to being able to hit the Continental United States."

Danielle Pletka, vice president for foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute, added on Face the Nation that "just because a missile can't reach the United States doesn't mean that it can't reach our allies in Asia who look to us for their security..."

www.csmonitor.com

--hide--

This cartoon should make you feel better, Rosemarie.

click on picture to make it bigger.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Sounds more like the evning News.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Sounds more like the evning News.

--hide--

I will grant you that it certainly applies to the evening news as well.

Posts 61 - 70 of 110