Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Ese-944175 said: I have the feeling that it will blow over. North Korea knows that they don't stand a chance aga...
(Quote) Ese-944175 said:

I have the feeling that it will blow over. North Korea knows that they don't stand a chance against America. NK is just trying to provoke SK & America to strike first, but they won't. Dear God, I pray that the rising tension in NK does not escalate and that a peaceful solution can be found. Amen.

--hide--

History would suggest that this will indeed blow over.

NK has spent decades rattling sabers when it wants attention or it is trying to shore up some kind of domestic position.

The big danger is that some day their internal political situation might become so dicey that a weak leader sees an actual shooting war with an external enemy as a way to secure their own position.

An imperfect example would be the Falklands Islands War. The Argentine government did not go into that crisis planning on an invasion, but desputes on S. Georgia Island spiraled out of control and the Junta eventually became more scared of not launching an invasion than it was of going to war with GB.

I don't really think anyone in NK really wants a war, but the scary scenario is one where they are more afraid of their domestic situation than in slugging it out with SK and the U.S.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: We could ask the same of all those here on CM who are just fine with attacking Iran on behalf of ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

We could ask the same of all those here on CM who are just fine with attacking Iran on behalf of our "ally"- unprovoked. The difference as I see it is Kim Jong Un is unstable and actually threatened the US. I believe there is only one conflict since WWII that can be justified, and that is Afghanistan. Un does not respond to reason and neither did his father and grandfather.

--hide--

I think the Korean War and the Gulf War (mind you I'm talking about the one in the 90's here) are at least as justifieable as Afghanistan.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have an all-out attack be all S Korea's doing with our support? Do we have the accurate intelligence on how capable Un's nuclear power is? And how does any of this fit into our Catholic morals?

--hide--

I have a double secret intelligence source that says he likes 7-Up, the Un-cola.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I have a double secret intelligence source that says he likes 7-Up, the Un-cola.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I have a double secret intelligence source that says he likes 7-Up, the Un-cola.

--hide--

haha. I must be slow but I finally got that! Good one, Tom. laughing laughing laughing

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: I think the Korean War and the Gulf War (mind you I'm talking about the one in the 90...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

I think the Korean War and the Gulf War (mind you I'm talking about the one in the 90's here) are at least as justifieable as Afghanistan.

--hide--
Agreed.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Sean-851370 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: <...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Sean-851370 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

www.youtube.com

Yeah...London and Wall Street are the real world empire and their ancestors go back to the banking families of Florence, Genoa, Venice and other Italian city-states. It's has been incredibly difficult for countries to try to break free of this empire. A major difficulty is that most people don't even know that such an empire exists. US foreign policy isn't American at all. China and Russia should be major allies, but in the realm of geopolitics they're threats to the empire of London and lower Manhattan.

That's right.When people don't understand something,they call it a conspiracy and write it off,or label you as crazy.

--hide--

Hi Bernard et alia,

Bernard, what do you suggest we do with respect to North Korea?

Jim ☺

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Bernard et alia,Bernard, what do you suggest we do with respect to North Korea?...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Bernard et alia,

Bernard, what do you suggest we do with respect to North Korea?

Jim ☺

--hide--
Duck,there may be incoming missiles soon! Seriously. duck duck duck duck duck flamed faint

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So....should we send in secret forces to execute Un, or encourage/pay S Korea to do so? Do we have an all-out attack be all S Korea's doing with our support? Do we have the accurate intelligence on how capable Un's nuclear power is? And how does any of this fit into our Catholic morals?

--hide--

Pray the Rosary everyday... rosary

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: haha. I must be slow but I finally got that! Good one, Tom.
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

haha. I must be slow but I finally got that! Good one, Tom.

--hide--

Thank you, Jim!!

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: I think the Korean War and the Gulf War (mind you I'm talking about the one in the 90...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

--hide--

Yes...the US learned them Iraqis darn good. Blowing a modern country back to the stone age is the Bush family way.

Posts 71 - 80 of 110