Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The info is out there for people who can read and think for themselves. As far as I know, "co...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The info is out there for people who can read and think for themselves. As far as I know, "conspiracy theory" is solely an American concept. People in other parts of the world might do more thinking than we do here. I don't agree with everything on RT, but much of the news on there would fit under the definition of "conspiracy theory." So either Russians are idiots, or we Americans just don't get the whole story from mainstream media. Considering how monopolized our media are, I would go with the latter.

--hide--
Just remember to be equally critical to all sources of information. Even the ones you like.

Apr 5th 2013 new

This is all part of the end times. There will be wars gong on in various parts of the world, famine, riots etc..

Apr 5th 2013 new

I certainly didn't expect help from Fidel Castro (Cuba) to avert a conflict with North Korea.

This is an interesting article (today) from Reuters:

Fidel Castro advises friend North Korea against war
www.reuters.com

Ed

Apr 5th 2013 new

Even though it is unlikely that North Korea has any missile that could reach the continental United States, there still are many thousands of American citizens and military in harms way in South Korea, Japan, the island of Guam, etc. This should be of some assurance to you (Rosemarie) in the Philippines, as any conflict directly and immediately affects many American citizens.

The U.S., along with its' allies and willing partners in this (probably including even China, Russia and Cuba) will do what is necessary to keep this from getting out of hand. A country like China really has a lot to lose if there is a conflict, and they have a lot of influence with North Korea. China certainly doesn't want to see and influx of North Koreans over the border into China, if North Korea began to collapse.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Apr 5th 2013 new
I don't think we'd be the first N. Korea would go after. But we used to have the navy and army out there as a menacing presence. However along with the shameful cuts in funding in the last 8 years any peacekeeping missions like that one really had to be cut down. I wish I could drudge up all of the idiotic comments by people about there being no threats to the U.S. that they stood by while they slashed the defense budget so that there is no peace-keeping ability at all and shove that in some politicians faces. And if he decides to do "test" us by bombing S. Korea....everyone will say..."Oh, that was an unforeseeable event"..."Those brave people" I might seriously punch someone. I mean they've been doing c.r.a.p. like this for years to test our boundaries. Luckily though, the weapons they are operating with are amazingly worse than ours....they may have more missiles, but other than that we are better armed. However, if they team up with someone, then we might have a problem.
Apr 5th 2013 new
China has a strict no refugee policy....they would shoot them and I'm not really kidding. Actually, I could see China teaming up with N. Korea. China has almost weaned themselves perfectly away from us. Most of their exports no longer come over here and pretty much none of our stuff goes over there anymore. That would be bad though. Because China's navy has surpassed ours and we know that they have been selling weapons to many of our enemies. They probably could lick us. And we really don't have anyone to back us up.
Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: This is all part of the end times. There will be wars gong on in various parts of the world, fami...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

This is all part of the end times. There will be wars gong on in various parts of the world, famine, riots etc..

--hide--

The world's not going to end. The psychopaths of Wall Street and London are trying to sabotage the world in order to save their empire. That's what maniacs do.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: China has a strict no refugee policy....they would shoot them and I'm not really kidding. Actually...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: China has a strict no refugee policy....they would shoot them and I'm not really kidding. Actually, I could see China teaming up with N. Korea. China has almost weaned themselves perfectly away from us. Most of their exports no longer come over here and pretty much none of our stuff goes over there anymore. That would be bad though. Because China's navy has surpassed ours and we know that they have been selling weapons to many of our enemies. They probably could lick us. And we really don't have anyone to back us up.
--hide--

It's totally reasonable for China to distance itself from the US. Integration with neighboring countries in Eurasia is the way ahead for China. Why would a major world power want to be tied to a country whose productive capacity largely has been destroyed and whose savings and money creation feeds destructive speculation?

China, Russia, Japan and the US should be partners for peace. Meanwhile, the US needs to rebuild its industrial base. The reputation of the US abroad is not good. But it can be improved. There is a world of opportunities for China, Japan, Russia and the US.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The world's not going to end. The psychopaths of Wall Street and London are trying...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The world's not going to end. The psychopaths of Wall Street and London are trying to sabotage the world in order to save their empire. That's what maniacs do.

--hide--

Have you read Revelation? We don't know the timing. Open your eyes and look at the world today.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Have you read Revelation? We don't know the timing. Open your eyes and look...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Have you read Revelation? We don't know the timing. Open your eyes and look at the world today.

--hide--

Doesn't the Bible also say that only God knows when the end will come? Sure, I know the world is a mess. But that doesn't mean it's coming to an end.

Posts 81 - 90 of 110