Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Marian, I just saw a teaser for the newish movie "Parental Guidance" and the little grandda...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Marian, I just saw a teaser for the newish movie "Parental Guidance" and the little granddaughter comes out of the dressing room wearing a black dress, and the grandmother laments:

She looks like a 10 year old widow!

That is so right! That is why little girls shouldn't wear black.

--hide--

YES!!! I need to see that movie then!

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Marian, I think that she means what my family called a "petticoat"--you know, the kin...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Marian, I think that she means what my family called a "petticoat"--you know, the kind that was made of netting material, and worn under full skirts to make them "poof out"! My other Aunt Meridith, sewed them for all of the girl cousins one year as Christmas gifts (instead of pj's that year!), and we DID use them to do the Can-Can!!!

--hide--

Thank you Beverly, you are right! a can can made the dress "poof out" from the waist down and look cute for the little girls! The can can was special in that way, unlike regular slips.

We always wore a regular slip under all our dresses, it would be a "no no" otherwise! I see girls and adult women in the summer with No slip and you can see right through their dresses, I think its tasteless! To this day I would NOT do that!

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: (Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Marian, I think that she means what my fami...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Quote:
Beverly-649723 said:

Marian, I think that she means what my family called a "petticoat"--you know, the kind that was made of netting material, and worn under full skirts to make them "poof out"! My other Aunt Meridith, sewed them for all of the girl cousins one year as Christmas gifts (instead of pj's that year!), and we DID use them to do the Can-Can!!!

Thank you Beverly, you are right! a can can made the dress "poof out" from the waist down and look cute for the little girls! The can can was special in that way, unlike regular slips.

We always wore a regular slip under all our dresses, it would be a "no no" otherwise! I see girls and adult women in the summer with No slip and you can see right through their dresses, I think its tasteless! To this day I would NOT do that!

--hide--

YES I was taught never to go without a slip.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Ria-570234 said: ... And just an aside to Kevin - that was a 'cheesy' remark about the dotted swiss! ...
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

... And just an aside to Kevin - that was a 'cheesy' remark about the dotted swiss! ...

--hide--

- you mean it was no guta ? smile

Posts 101 - 104 of 104