Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Black is a fine color for a grown woman to wear, but it's not a color for a little girl to wear, IMHO.

I agree that we have lost our sense of the liturgical year, and how to incorporate that into what we actually do, for Easter, Christmas, etc.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Black is a fine color for a grown woman to wear, but it's not a color for a little girl to wear, ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Black is a fine color for a grown woman to wear, but it's not a color for a little girl to wear, IMHO.

I agree that we have lost our sense of the liturgical year, and how to incorporate that into what we actually do, for Easter, Christmas, etc.

--hide--

Yes I like to wear a crisp looking midnite blue type of black.

Apr 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Some people look excellent in black and even look better in black than in pastels. It can look rea...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Some people look excellent in black and even look better in black than in pastels. It can look really nice. you probably look beautiful in it!

--hide--

Not sure about beautiful but black it certainly slimming. laughing wink
Apr 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: Catholics have forgotten that when we celebrate a holiday we celebrate in every aspect of our lives. Spring cle...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: Catholics have forgotten that when we celebrate a holiday we celebrate in every aspect of our lives. Spring cleaning is actually supposed to be done as a preparation for Christs rising from the dead.....we make out lives "anew". This includes our clothes. So if you can't afford new clothes. You clean up your old ones and shine shoes. My grandmother used to talk about how they would spend the entire day before getting themselves and their clothes ready for Easter. I still try to buy a new dress or skirt for Easter. Or at least reserve one for Easter. That's where the custom comes for not wearing white until Easter....because it's a sign of newness and purity.
--hide--

Customs are certainly interesting. Spring cleaning before Easter Sunday sounds great. Unfortunately, with all the other preparations for Easter (shopping, cooking, lenten events and services) who has time to also do in depth cleaning.
Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Marissa-529206 said: Catholics have forgotten that when we celebrate a holid...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Quote:
Marissa-529206 said: Catholics have forgotten that when we celebrate a holiday we celebrate in every aspect of our lives. Spring cleaning is actually supposed to be done as a preparation for Christs rising from the dead.....we make out lives "anew". This includes our clothes. So if you can't afford new clothes. You clean up your old ones and shine shoes. My grandmother used to talk about how they would spend the entire day before getting themselves and their clothes ready for Easter. I still try to buy a new dress or skirt for Easter. Or at least reserve one for Easter. That's where the custom comes for not wearing white until Easter....because it's a sign of newness and purity.

Customs are certainly interesting. Spring cleaning before Easter Sunday sounds great. Unfortunately, with all the other preparations for Easter (shopping, cooking, lenten events and services) who has time to also do in depth cleaning.
--hide--

After Easter can be a good time too flower to look for dust bunnies. Bunny!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Let's see, do I wear the dark grey suit or the dark brown. Decisions, decisions.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Let's see, do I wear the dark grey suit or the dark brown. Decisions, decisions.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Let's see, do I wear the dark grey suit or the dark brown. Decisions, decisions.

--hide--

For men you are all ok in black, navy or whatever it becomes!

Apr 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: After Easter can be a good time too to look for dust bunnies.

After Easter can be a good time too to look for dust bunnies.

--hide--

Looking for dust bunnies at Easter. laughing

Yes I agree. Any time is great for that.
Apr 2nd 2013 new

You ladies are all so cute talking about fashion, material and days gone by fluffy

Yes its soooo cute to see the children all dressed up but I guess its best that they are just there. Jesus mercily accepts us however we show up. Thank God as I didnt come back because I wanted to wear my Sunday best .laughing

God bless you all tonite. Praying angel I

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Last night I was in mass and noticed two little girls who were wearing black floral print dresses...

Last night I was in mass and noticed two little girls who were wearing black floral print dresses. I feel sad because so many persons think black is a color and seem to think it is wearable on Easter Sunday. Some adults and their mom was wearing black in her ourtfit too.

These children will never know the beautiful dresses we girls grew up wearing that were made of beautiful fabrics and that have colors like light yellow, light blue, pink chiffon, and other beautiful linens and so on. OK maybe theyr will, but not like some of us from an earlier time did.

I can't believe how black is in so many boldly colored outfits and seems to be fashionable for many people. I will always love ditsy prints(small florals) and pastels in spring. I wore a light yellow top with a light pastel paisley skirt. I did nto buy it for the easter holiday, I already had it but I just wish some of the most feminine clothes would make a full comeback. I know some are trying to return.

There is a lot more feminine dresses that are back, now that I think about it- but I can't wrap my mind around dressing a child in black, even if there are flowers on the fabric.

--hide--

Maybe they are preping to be nuns!

(Just kidding Marian)! Black might be a generation thing. Their parents might be around my age or younger. Since a teen I have always worn a lot of black, back when wearing black was considered an outrage. I don't know. I feel comfortable in black. Maybe it hides cool-aid spills?

Posts 41 - 50 of 104