Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 3rd 2013 new

It has been pleasant to remember days gone by. You know I kind of miss dressing up sometimes. It used to be something I did all of the time well I had to for work. I do wear black, but never all black. Black needs some color to go with it all black is just too boring. It is slenderizing and I need all the help I can get. You guys have all got me in the mood to go shopping, but I better wait as I have to pay "Uncle Sam" on April 15th.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Marian,
Its been fun remembering our childhood events at the church. All those precious moments and the special clothes we have fond thoughts about. I was so proud the first time I got my white gloves to go with the My First Communion dress. One year I had this pastel pink ruffled dress with layers, a white hat with lace and silk ribbon ties, chisp new white gloves and mary jane white shoes. My can can was for church only, there were school dresses and your church clothes and shoes!!! But it was the gloves I loved the most, who knows why, but they make me smile as I am typing this! It was a fun and happy time in my life. Colors, fabrics and memories all play a part in those special times!
* I did also wear long white gloves with the formal dresses at prom and a few other special events, what a special touch!

The dotted swiss curtains, well I have the topper in yellow and white and I love them! I love eyelet also!

Thanks Marian, for sharing your preious memories!

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: Marian,Its been fun remembering our childhood events at the church. All those precious mome...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Marian,
Its been fun remembering our childhood events at the church. All those precious moments and the special clothes we have fond thoughts about. I was so proud the first time I got my white gloves to go with the My First Communion dress. One year I had this pastel pink ruffled dress with layers, a white hat with lace and silk ribbon ties, chisp new white gloves and mary jane white shoes. My can can was for church only, there were school dresses and your church clothes and shoes!!! But it was the gloves I loved the most, who knows why, but they make me smile as I am typing this! It was a fun and happy time in my life. Colors, fabrics and memories all play a part in those special times!
* I did also wear long white gloves with the formal dresses at prom and a few other special events, what a special touch!

The dotted swiss curtains, well I have the topper in yellow and white and I love them! I love eyelet also!

--hide--

Thanks Barbara. Some girls who had moms who sewed for them probably have more memories like this. I sewed my own clothes as I learned in about 8th grade. i am curious about your pink dress and what youmeant by layers, you mean slips and layers of fabric?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: (Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I have no fashion sense. None. I only ever wea...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

Quote:
Naomi-698107 said:

I have no fashion sense. None. I only ever wear black, and the only colour in my outfits is usually the prints on my teeshirts - all bar one are Transformers related [the bar one is a zombie one ^__^]

I know the basics, don't mix primary colours, don't wear different prints top and bottom, don't mix horizontal and vertical lines, don't wear tights as pants, don't wear socks with sandals.

Plus, its hard to find good, modest clothing in my size. I mean, who thinks an outfit that looks great at size 10 would translate well to someone who's a size 26. [I'm not that big, I'm just using as an example, because that seems to be the trend, at least down here, common splice.

Who says you can't wear socks with sandals??!! What if your feet get cold?

You see it here in the northland quite often...

--hide--

I am sure they make a lot of very well made, thick and insulated socks for that purpose...now....... ......that certain generations of Birkenstock wearers have grown up... ?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Not sure about beautiful but black it certainly slimming.
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Not sure about beautiful but black it certainly slimming.
--hide--

I agree...I like to wear dark colors on the bottom and lights on the top..scratchchin shhh

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: Marian,Its been fun remembering our childhood events at the church. All those precious mome...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Marian,

--hide--

Do you remember anything your mom wore to church back then? Hats? and so on?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I agree and understand. I was trying to imagine how as a 4 year old it would have affecte...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I agree and understand. I was trying to imagine how as a 4 year old it would have affected me to wear that print with the back groud in black. That was how I managed to get it onto a personal level. Otherwise they looked very cute. Gils are wearing black all of the time now. I don't take notice but thought about how it was when I was yong in ANCIENT TIMES where we wore beautiful shades like yellow. I was blessed to have some beautiful yellow and pastel dresses. In 8th grade I had a VERY awesome yellow dress that was very flattering. I still have it. I just have great memories of wearing pretty pastels.

--hide--

I love to see girls wearing pretty pastels colors too.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: Who says you can't wear socks with sandals??!! ...

Who says you can't wear socks with sandals??!! ...

--hide--

I think it's acceptable, as long as you put the

socks on first, and then the sandals. smile

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: Who says you can't wear socks with sandals??!! ...

Who says you can't wear socks with sandals??!! ...

--hide--

I think it's acceptable, as long as you put the

socks on first, and then the sandals. smile

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Do you remember anything your mom wore to church back then? Hats? and so on?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Do you remember anything your mom wore to church back then? Hats? and so on?

--hide--

Mine never wore more than one hat to church. smile

Posts 61 - 70 of 104