Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Is there anyone else out there who has this problem: Every person you want to date is called to the religious or celebate lifestyle boggled

I'm sure God is trying to tell me something here but I'm not sure what. This is the 4th time this is happening to me and I can't think of what reason God has for putting me through this time and time again. I'm all for women becoming nuns- that is a very noble cause but it's no fun being caught in the middle of it. I’m in a love triangle with Jesus and of course He’ll always win being the creator of the universe and all, lol. I would almost feel better if I was rejected for being a jerk because at least then I'd be able to go to confession, learn from my mistakes and move on. But if niether person is at fault and the reason for breakup is a religious vocation how is there healing? And have I been doing anything wrong in my dating habits?

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-896770 said: Is there anyone else out there who has this problem: Every person you want to date is called...
(Quote) Andy-896770 said:

Is there anyone else out there who has this problem: Every person you want to date is called to the religious or celebate lifestyle

I'm sure God is trying to tell me something here but I'm not sure what. This is the 4th time this is happening to me and I can't think of what reason God has for putting me through this time and time again. I'm all for women becoming nuns- that is a very noble cause but it's no fun being caught in the middle of it. I’m in a love triangle with Jesus and of course He’ll always win being the creator of the universe and all, lol. I would almost feel better if I was rejected for being a jerk because at least then I'd be able to go to confession, learn from my mistakes and move on. But if niether person is at fault and the reason for breakup is a religious vocation how is there healing? And have I been doing anything wrong in my dating habits?

--hide--

+JMJ+

Christ is Risen!

I know of a gal who went through the same thing. At the ordination to the priesthood of her third boyfriend the bishop told her "I don't know what you're doing but keep it up! laughing " He was kidding of course but I'm told the poor thing nearly burst out in tears.

Andy, this is rather mysterious. I wouldn't know what to make of it either but rest assured that having the same taste as Our Lord can't be but a very good thing! I would never want a spouse that was not more in love with God than myself. Aside from that being a sin against the 1st Commandment, it would make for a most miserable marriage. Hang in there. I think your in good shape. wink

Apr 4th 2013 new

[quote]Joseph-2737 said:

having the same taste as Our Lord can't be but a very good thing! I would never want a spouse that was not more in love with God than myself.

I've never heard it put that way before. Thanks. This was actually somewhat helpful.

Apr 4th 2013 new

Thanks Joseph :)

I almost assumed evey guy wants a girl who loves Jesus more than himself. I mean I just don't know how to love someone who doesn't love Jesus all that much. What I really need is a girl who is having the same problem as me, lol. But those are almost impossible to come by. I might be in good shape but it's so painful.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-896770 said: Thanks Joseph :) I almost assumed evey guy wants a girl who loves Jesus more than himse...
(Quote) Andy-896770 said:

Thanks Joseph :)

I almost assumed evey guy wants a girl who loves Jesus more than himself. I mean I just don't know how to love someone who doesn't love Jesus all that much. What I really need is a girl who is having the same problem as me, lol. But those are almost impossible to come by. I might be in good shape but it's so painful.

--hide--

+JMJ+

I hear you. I find it excruciatingly painful. I don't mean to dishearten anyone but the advice I recieved from my spiritual father - in the confessional no less - was to "Stay nailed to the cross and DO NOT come down." He happens to be the abbot of a very traditional Benedictine abbey and a former US Marine. I find it extremely difficult to do but in my heart and intellectually I know he's right. Know that you're in the right company and thank God for this every night. It truely is a consolation in the grand schem of things.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: (Quote) Joseph-2737 said: having the same taste as Our Lord can&...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

[quote]Joseph-2737 said:

having the same taste as Our Lord can't be but a very good thing! I would never want a spouse that was not more in love with God than myself.

I've never heard it put that way before. Thanks. This was actually somewhat helpful.

--hide--

+JMJ+

Not that one shouldn't always do their best but in a practical sense having a spouse that loves God more thant their spouse would sure take some of the pressure off. laughing ... and in reality would enable each one to love the other even more.

Apr 4th 2013 new

It has not happened to me, but I would say a few things:

--you clearly have good taste in women. If the women you are selecting are actually the Brides of Christ, you have good taste and good sense in your choosing.

--If women who ultimately choose Christ, seriously considered you, you must be Christ like, and doing something very right.

I would just continue to do what you are doing, and eventually you will find one who would make a great nun, but who is called to the vocation of marriage!

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: It has not happened to me, but I would say a few things: --you clearly have good taste in wome...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

It has not happened to me, but I would say a few things:

--you clearly have good taste in women. If the women you are selecting are actually the Brides of Christ, you have good taste and good sense in your choosing.

--If women who ultimately choose Christ, seriously considered you, you must be Christ like, and doing something very right.

I would just continue to do what you are doing, and eventually you will find one who would make a great nun, but who is called to the vocation of marriage!

--hide--

+JMJ+

Very well put! thumbsup

Apr 5th 2013 new

Andy, You certainly have great taste. I think that should be the criteria for all of us - to have a spouse who loves God with all their heart. Hang in there, you have three nuns praying for you. You will find the spouse lovestruck! God has created just for you.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: Andy, You certainly have great taste. I think that should be the criteria for all of us - to ha...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

Andy, You certainly have great taste. I think that should be the criteria for all of us - to have a spouse who loves God with all their heart. Hang in there, you have three nuns praying for you. You will find the spouse God has created just for you.

--hide--

OOps 4 nuns praying for you, all the better. LOL

Posts 1 - 10 of 15