Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: It's a small part of Logan's Run but it has alaways reminded me of online dating.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

It's a small part of Logan's Run but it has alaways reminded me of online dating.

--hide--

It'd give new meaning to our user names, right Pat-5351. It won't be some randomly generated number. Poor ole Pat-5350 would have gone to a "better existence of mind".

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-915333 said:
--hide--

Whatever it's like, I might still be doing it! laughing laughing laughing

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I should both live so long!!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I should both live so long!!

--hide--

And if I make it that long, still want to datelaughing laughing

More likely I may have a grandchild or two laughing at me as I struggle to figure out "kids these days"

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: There will be no dating. Marriage will have died an unnatural death at the hands of politicians and s...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

There will be no dating. Marriage will have died an unnatural death at the hands of politicians and special interest groupsm, RIP 2013.

There will be no need for dating, because marriage will have gone underground.

But there will be lots of sex. What every kind you like, with whomever you like, as many as you like, as it will be anything goes.

Like the movie "Logan's Run" if anyone is old enough to recall it.

If you were "interested" you went "on the circuit" which was a virtual pick up system (not unlike online dating!) where you scanned the profiles, picked one, and she/he appeared in your house, ready for whatever.

I will watch the whole horrible thing from my nursing home....

--hide--

eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping eyepopping

Apr 3rd 2013 new

I think we'll be back into the pioneer days and there will be peace and harmony and chivalry! knight-errant shocked heartbeat

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Song-In The Year 2525 /w Lyrics www.youtube.com

Apr 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Song-In The Year 2525 /w Lyrics www.youtube.com
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Song-In The Year 2525 /w Lyrics www.youtube.com

--hide--

i saw those guys in a bar in elko NV in 1979. yes it woulda made a great indy movie scene.

they were already an oldies act.
Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: There will be no dating. Marriage will have died an unnatural death at the hands of politicians and s...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

There will be no dating. Marriage will have died an unnatural death at the hands of politicians and special interest groupsm, RIP 2013.

There will be no need for dating, because marriage will have gone underground.

But there will be lots of sex. What every kind you like, with whomever you like, as many as you like, as it will be anything goes.

Like the movie "Logan's Run" if anyone is old enough to recall it.

If you were "interested" you went "on the circuit" which was a virtual pick up system (not unlike online dating!) where you scanned the profiles, picked one, and she/he appeared in your house, ready for whatever.

I will watch the whole horrible thing from my nursing home....

--hide--
Gotta admire your optimism, Pat..... laughing

Well, laughable, but not really humorous is it? Scary is more like it.

From my own viewpoint, we've seen societies reverting to "the way things were", historically. Granted, the absolute and total reversal is elusive, but at some point, things can and do turn around. I'm hoping they do before they are totally on the skids as you describe. Not a pretty picture.

Apr 4th 2013 new

In another 20 years could everyone have their own private air jets? OR will air travel be ultra sonic with distances across the globe in less than an hour. And could the internet be so advanced that we are able to touch and smell one another on something called hyperskype. scratchchin Then perhaps there will be no long distance relationships. And many more matches and marriages. Yes I believe marriages will still exist for true Catholics, and Catholic match will still exist.

As for me, hopefully I will not be here because I would have met, dated and courted hug and wed hug my man. And I will be 73 years young. wink

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Greg-915333 said: More technology ? More matchmakers ? Or ?

More technology ? More matchmakers ? Or ?

--hide--

I think all the technos we have now will be obsolete after 20 years, so I go with the "Or". Maybe women can travel to Venus and men can travel to Mars scratchchin laughing laughing

Seriously, I'd say: To God be the glory! I don’t think God will allow it to happen again like in Sodom and Gomorra. Although I intend to live long beyond the 20 years from now, I won’t worry what or how it will be like after 20 years from today. It’s more important to think of now, today, the present, tomorrow will take care of itself. Our Lord Jesus has said: Matthew 6:27, 6:34 “27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 34So do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” That said, I chose to live one day at a time, pray fervently and give my absolute trust and faith to the Almighty Father God who is in total control of everything, continue to obey his law and do his will. So I’ll wait till tomorrow whatever tomorrow brings. Like the song goes: que sera sera what will be will be.

Posts 11 - 20 of 25