Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right? ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right?

And if I'm in a chartiable mood; You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right? *smilie face*

If I'm in a particuarly uncharitable mood: Catholic Church: Founded by Christ. Anglicans: Founded by a fat British, murderous adulter. Lutherans: founded by an excommunicated, anti-semitic man who fornicated. Which one are you part of again?

OR: So which one of the 40,000 Christian sects do you belong to? And tell me why you're in the right one?

Try as I might, even when I'm being chartitable I sound like a jerk. I just accept I'm as tactless as a punch in the face with a sack of hammers and move on. ^__^

--hide--

Now that is my style of ecumenism, not the "let's all gather around and forget our differences" kind of junk.
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Dan-28682 said: Marian,Might try this link on Catholic Psy...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Dan-28682 said:

Marian,

Might try this link on Catholic Psychology...it probably makes the point better than I do...

www.catholicpsych.com

Another good book about the relationship between religion and psychology is Fulton Sheen's Peace of Soul...

www.amazon.com

A comment from a reader of Fulton Sheen's "Peace of Soul"...

"I read Fulton Sheen's book a couple of years ago. While rereading it, many things come back to me which have pointed my life away from depending on the material, the immoral and the un-helpful ways of finding peace in friends and psychiatrists who have just about tried to separate me from the true faith Catholicism and to separate me from Jesus Christ. I find it quite interesting that the chapter of his where he compares psychology vs faith in the Healing Physician (ie Jesus Christ Himself) is very much the core of why people keep going to their shrinks when they might do better going to Holy Mass and meditating on where their souls are at the present time. My biggest recommendation to all is that our souls are the highest possession we have from God above, and that in communing with His Son and the Saints (esp Fulton Sheen, because I know he is in heaven and should be a saint) is our passport to heaven. I feel much gratitude to Fulton J Sheen, and will always be indebted to him and his teachings for where I am and who I am now. Peaceable and contemplative. "

I belong to a group where we read Augustine, Aquinas, Pope Benedict, Josef Pieper and other philosophers in theologyand philosophy both from original sources and through a Communio Journal. Through this, I have become an active student of theology and philosophy, (history, church history etc..) which is mentioned in the description of a Catholic Psychologist. I plan to learn MUCH more about what you posted. Thank you SO MUCH!! Keep me posted on other issues!

--hide--

The fact that this small group of persons exists here is a miracle for me. Praise God. It has helped me grow in leaps and bounds and I needed it when I was out working with so many poor people here. One of the men from CM invited me to it. It is one big miracle that has happened through CM for me!

I work with many very poor and suffering people and it helps me to cope and to forget about my clients and their lives and their cases. I originally went to the group to forget about my clients--which I was desperate to do during my off hours.

Now I am drinking from a fountain of knowledge of the classics and classical education. Some of it is educaton I should have had in Catholic school I went to, but the psychology you refer to was taught there instead! and with no structure or format. The teacher, a priest was loafing along in 1974-75 and not teaching us any religion! The class was called Christian Psychology. We read Erich Fromm. I did not believe in what I was reading in the book and I was skeptical of everything in psychology as a high school student.

He was liberal and so were many priests and nuns at the time. He even tried to get me alone. Figure that one out.

Apr 6th 2013 new
Defense Department classifies Catholics, evangelicals as extremists

www.washingtontimes.com
Apr 6th 2013 new

I see this over the United States. Anti-Catholicism is picking up with many pastors with the regards to priests sexual assult to childern and the way we pray to saints. They feel we are praying to the saints and not good!

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-28682 said: Marian,Might try this link on Catholic Psychology...it probably makes the point better than ...
(Quote) Dan-28682 said:

Marian,

Might try this link on Catholic Psychology...it probably makes the point better than I do...

www.catholicpsych.com

Another good book about the relationship between religion and psychology is Fulton Sheen's Peace of Soul...

www.amazon.com

A comment from a reader of Fulton Sheen's "Peace of Soul"...

"I read Fulton Sheen's book a couple of years ago. While rereading it, many things come back to me which have pointed my life away from depending on the material, the immoral and the un-helpful ways of finding peace in friends and psychiatrists who have just about tried to separate me from the true faith Catholicism and to separate me from Jesus Christ. I find it quite interesting that the chapter of his where he compares psychology vs faith in the Healing Physician (ie Jesus Christ Himself) is very much the core of why people keep going to their shrinks when they might do better going to Holy Mass and meditating on where their souls are at the present time. My biggest recommendation to all is that our souls are the highest possession we have from God above, and that in communing with His Son and the Saints (esp Fulton Sheen, because I know he is in heaven and should be a saint) is our passport to heaven. I feel much gratitude to Fulton J Sheen, and will always be indebted to him and his teachings for where I am and who I am now. Peaceable and contemplative. "

--hide--

Here is a discussion from EWTN. I think this is what you are talking about, Right? This seems to be congruent with your remarks...

I am listening to it now....

www.youtube.com

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah http://www.youtube.com...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah www.youtube.com

--hide--

It puts a whole new perspective on the words, "YOU'RE FIRED!" and the sins of our generation are worse than Sodam and Gommorah. What will the anti Christians bring down on us???? I have a terrific deal on asbestos suits, they only come in one color though.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: The origins of that movement are Margaret Sanger and the Eugenics movement which are ...

The origins of that movement are Margaret Sanger and the Eugenics movement which are connected to the Nazi ideology.

--hide--
Hitler kept her book on his bed side table, he held her in high esteem and quoted her often. He used it to reinforce his barberous treatment of the races he considered inferior to the German Master Race. Going by the characteristics Physical and Psychological that he saw as Germany's future Hitler should have been the first person thrown into one of his camps to protect the genetic future of Germany. The guy couldn't shave and his legs were such a funny shape he made everyone wear those silly pants just to make him look normal. That didn't work either. I have been observing where America is heading and the basic blue print of Germany is being rolled out in America only this time the round up will be Catholics and anti -homosexuality activists. Some will scream scaremongerer others will yell where are the facts and yet another quarter will accuse me of trolling the forums. Nevertheless the pattern is there. Go through a check list of what freedoms you have lost due to orchestrated circumstances. I pray I am wrong but I think not. In Australia the Catholic alienation campaign has begun in earnest. It is not just a disliking it is animated loathing. We have to stick together globally. We have had our guns taken away a disarmed populace is easier to subdue.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: The origins of that movement are Marg...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

The origins of that movement are Margaret Sanger and the Eugenics movement which are connected to the Nazi ideology.

Hitler kept her book on his bed side table, he held her in high esteem and quoted her often. He used it to reinforce his barberous treatment of the races he considered inferior to the German Master Race. Going by the characteristics Physical and Psychological that he saw as Germany's future Hitler should have been the first person thrown into one of his camps to protect the genetic future of Germany. The guy couldn't shave and his legs were such a funny shape he made everyone wear those silly pants just to make him look normal. That didn't work either. I have been observing where America is heading and the basic blue print of Germany is being rolled out in America only this time the round up will be Catholics and anti -homosexuality activists. Some will scream scaremongerer others will yell where are the facts and yet another quarter will accuse me of trolling the forums. Nevertheless the pattern is there. Go through a check list of what freedoms you have lost due to orchestrated circumstances. I pray I am wrong but I think not. In Australia the Catholic alienation campaign has begun in earnest. It is not just a disliking it is animated loathing. We have to stick together globally. We have had our guns taken away a disarmed populace is easier to subdue.

--hide--

Please elaborate on the basic blue print of Germany. My close friend believes this also and has been studying this.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Please elaborate on the basic blue print of Germany. My close friend believes this also a...

Please elaborate on the basic blue print of Germany. My close friend believes this also and has been studying this.

--hide--

1. Create insecurity in the general populace in regards to public safety.

2. Create suspicion around groups you have targeted for removal.

3. Demonize the above group or groups.

4. Blame economic problems on selected group.

5 The general population will turn a blind eye or assist in the round up which will be lauded as a Patriotic thing to do.

6. Single out people that are burdens on society and promote the idea they are suffering and out of mercy they will be euthanased.

7. Money will be freed up, there will be more money to spend on a better lifestyle after the burden of maintaining the suffering has been addressed for their own good.

8. Religious groups other than Catholics will be the next to be targeted. God is not needed. Science and your Government will provide but total alligience to the Government would be the price.

9. Depends whether the group orchestrating the transformation is the Primary source for the take over or if a corporate blend of World Government is behind the push foreign troups would be used to shut down opposition

10. At some stage it will be necessary to remove guns from the citizens. This move makes an armed takeover far easier. Military don't like to face the situation of every house putting up fierce resistance with firearms. No guns equals low casualties for armed forces. It also increases the speed of the takeover and the deploying of enforcement troops as necessary.

The alienating process would be the first move for if you make a group look bad enough the people won't resist their removal. The citizens will ignore the round ups as they did in Germany. After all their only getting what they deserve. That's just a rough outline but you get the general idea. The Homosexual lobby will crank up the rhetoric against the Catholic Church. They will demonize the Church as evil and Homophobic and holding back medical advances and destroying the happiness of Gay couples by not allowing them to marry in Catholic Churches etc. etc.

you already have holding camps built in America with barb wire facing inwards to keep people in and not out. If you want locations go to ex Governor Jesse Ventura's Web site and you will find footage there of the locations amongst other weird things. He was a Navy Seal and still has close contacts. Your friend could get location links and use Google Earth to view the sites via Computer.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Just one week ago one of my good friends told me that Catholics only have sex to make babies. I told her she was definately misinformed. She told me that was one of the teachings and I related I had been raised Catholic and never heard that one and was glad of it! Can you fix stupid?

Posts 51 - 60 of 94