Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The greatest threat to the Church is balkanization. That's what the EU is doing to mainland Eu...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The greatest threat to the Church is balkanization. That's what the EU is doing to mainland Europe but in the political realm: fracturing nation-states such as Spain into smaller entities. The same thing is happening in the Catholic Church but on the spiritual level. I believe that's why the formation of national bishops' conferences was encouraged before and after Vatican II: to break the Church into national entities and to wipe out the Vatican as a unifying force.

--hide--

The balkanization of the Church -- what utter nonsense!!!!

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Catholics may not have voted him in, although 53% of Catholic voters did vote for him. A ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Catholics may not have voted him in, although 53% of Catholic voters did vote for him. A large part of that 53% were Latinos who voted for him overwhelmingly.

But Cathoics, as a group, if they had voted in line with the Church's teachings, would have denied him the election.

We need to face the fact that most people who describe themselves as Catholic, really are not in proper union with the Church and should not call themselves Catholic. For far too many Catholics, being Catholic is more a cultural identity, similar to most Jews, than a true expression of their religious beliefs.

--hide--

Spot on, Paul. Thank you!

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The balkanization of the Church -- what utter nonsense!!!!
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The balkanization of the Church -- what utter nonsense!!!!

--hide--

Not doubt you are familiar with the Pfarrer-Initiative in Austria?

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Not doubt you are familiar with the Pfarrer-Initiative in Austria?
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Not doubt you are familiar with the Pfarrer-Initiative in Austria?

--hide--

*No doubt

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I doubt it was Catholics who voted him in. I don't know... I think Catholicism is and...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I doubt it was Catholics who voted him in. I don't know... I think Catholicism is and always has been a caulderon waiting to boil over, and the media turns up the heat a lot.

--hide--

Catholics alone did not get him back into the office, but it is a well known fact that a majority of Catholic VOTERS voted for Obama.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Catholics alone did not get him back into the office, but it is a well known fact th...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Catholics alone did not get him back into the office, but it is a well known fact that a majority of Catholic VOTERS voted for Obama.

--hide--

There are a lot of low information voters as well as low information Catholics. I am working to make sure I don't end up belonging to the latter.

Apr 12th 2013 new

[quote]Marian-83994 said:

Yes YES YES... Someone is funding this. Do we know who?

[/quote
A good place to look for the funding would be directly to everyone's facorite left wing puppetteer, George Soros. He has virtually the entire media in his pockets. Why is is it, do you think, that the Obama administration can get away with so many out and out abuses of his office, without even a question from the press? If Bush had signed an executive order that stripped the 14th amendment right of due process from all of us, the media would have made sure he was impeached on the spot. But for Obama, not even a mention of this unlawful deed. I am not an alarmist. Do some research. Mr. Obama signed such an executive order about a year ago, saying that the government can detain anyone for any reason, for any length of time, without cause. Such person can be detained INDEFINITELY, without a lawyer, without even a phone call. This was slipped in on as an addenedum to a defense bill. We are all relying on the 4th estate we learned about in school. But they have been bought and paid for and no longer exist. I know I sound like one of those extremist crack pots, but I'm just a normal lady, unable to believe what is happening to our country. At least one highly place U.S. Army officer has designated Christians as a domestic hate group. A Newman Center chaplain at George Washington University was recently attacked by a group of gay students who are now pushing to have him removed from the campus because of his support of traditional marriage. Have you seen any media coverage of this event? I didn't think so. ]I just tuned into CNN--I normally don't. All I heard was how the Mararet Thatcher haters are playing "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" Is this the best they can do?. Next I got an update on Mr. Obama's tax return, where he paid a total of 18%. The reporter was so proud. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO UNBIASED NEWS??? Apparently it went the same was as the pony express. It's long gone.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Catholics alone did not get him back into the office, but it is a well known fact th...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

--hide--
The other major candidate for president was a Mormon

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: The other major candidate for president was a Mormon
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

The other major candidate for president was a Mormon

--hide--

There is too much money involved in elections for it to be fair. An average group of people could never afford to bank roll a viable third party instead of the It's my turn to be President for four years. Four year later Na Na Na! It is my turn now I can pay more than you!!! It is not what the Founding Fathers envisaged. It needs a serious review with limits set on spending and donations leading up to electioneering. Sworn records of political speeches and the endless promises and breach of contract needs to be pursued in the case of serious misleading. How likely is that? Yeah I know stay away from the Magic Mushrooms they grow on political BS!

Apr 12th 2013 new
Let's not worry about Catholics not being wanted in the schools of other Christian groups. Let's worry about the face that Catholics are not even permitted to operate their own groups (i.e., the Knights of Columbus, a well known men's group which even my Baptist classmate wanted to work with because he knew of their good works) in their own schools (one of those of the Jesuits).

Ironic, because the Jesuits were founded to combat the spread of Protestanism in the past.
Posts 81 - 90 of 94