Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

04/05/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: youtu.be
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: youtu.be
--hide--

Very well put together especially when one is on their own.

04/06/2013 new

My dear Con, while I am ecstatic to see the encouragement for the Devine Mercy observance, one relatively new to me, but now a profound component of my Faith; I am saddened by the seeming venom in your disdain for those who don't seem to agree with you or accept your pronouncements outright. Right now in this moment would be a good time to pray the chaplet for self and all - for His Mercy on us and on the Whole world.

Whatever it's official status in the Church, the Divine Mercy chaplet is a powerful prayer, and a true Catholic sentiment: Trust in Christ, and prayer for all in the world friend or foe.

And so I commence to pray ... aided by the recorded version in song by Donna Cori Gibson, I have the CD, but any may hear it at
www.youtube.com

smile (and I defy any to listen and pray with this song with an honest heart to keep a dry eye!) Praying theheart rosary

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) David-870960 said: My dear Con, while I am ecstatic to see the encouragement for the Devine Mercy observance, one re...
(Quote) David-870960 said:

My dear Con, while I am ecstatic to see the encouragement for the Devine Mercy observance, one relatively new to me, but now a profound component of my Faith; I am saddened by the seeming venom in your disdain for those who don't seem to agree with you or accept your pronouncements outright. Right now in this moment would be a good time to pray the chaplet for self and all - for His Mercy on us and on the Whole world.

Whatever it's official status in the Church, the Divine Mercy chaplet is a powerful prayer, and a true Catholic sentiment: Trust in Christ, and prayer for all in the world friend or foe.

And so I commence to pray ... aided by the recorded version in song by Donna Cori Gibson, I have the CD, but any may hear it at
www.youtube.com

(and I defy any to listen and pray with this song with an honest heart to keep a dry eye!)

David, welcome. Once again I write it is not about the Chaplet. I am referring to Divine Mercy Sunday a Solmnity of The Church promulgated by the CDF at the Vatican at the request of Pope John Paul 11. This Feast which occurs on the Second Sunday of Easter now called Divine Mercy Sunday promulgated into the Roman Missal 13 years ago and is still resister. It is not my opinion as you seem to interpret. It is the Church's ruling. There is active resistance to this Solemnity. I have no disdain for persons contributing to this thread. a number of times the post was being taken away down irrelevant roads and the subject matter was being trivialised with the purpose of turning it into a nice little devotion with no particular reason for being. Wait until you have participated in other forums before jumping to conclusions. I state once again it is not about the Chaplet it is about the Feast of Mercy that a Popehad promulgated by the CDF into the Roman Missal, nsome 13 years ago being trivialised. The Chaplet is a Devotion of Choice but Divine Mercy Sunday is a required Solmnity. I have promoted this Divine Mercy for 29 years, with ferocious resistance by laity and priests, the tactics vary but clouding the celebration by saying it is another devotion amongst many. Deliberate distraction techniques against a Church sanctioned devotion, the Chaplet; and a Church promulgated Solemnity, Divine Mercy Sunday. Even after 13 years people still resist the Church's instruction to preach about and make the sacraments available to the laity, so that the people could gain that which Our Lord Jesus Christ strongly requested. Pope John Paul once said that the establishment of this Feast was the main reason God brought him to the Papacy.

--hide--

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) David-870960 said: My dear Con, while I am ecstatic to see the encouragement for the Devine Mercy observance, one re...

www.youtube.com

(and I defy any to listen and pray with this song with an honest heart to keep a dry eye!)

David, welcome. Once again I write it is not about the Chaplet. I am referring to Divine Mercy Sunday a Solmnity of The Church promulgated by the CDF at the Vatican at the request of Pope John Paul 11. This Feast which occurs on the Second Sunday of Easter now called Divine Mercy Sunday promulgated into the Roman Missal 13 years ago and is still resister. It is not my opinion as you seem to interpret. It is the Church's ruling. There is active resistance to this Solemnity. I have no disdain for persons contributing to this thread. a number of times the post was being taken away down irrelevant roads and the subject matter was being trivialised with the purpose of turning it into a nice little devotion with no particular reason for being. Wait until you have participated in other forums before jumping to conclusions. I state once again it is not about the Chaplet it is about the Feast of Mercy that a Popehad promulgated by the CDF into the Roman Missal, nsome 13 years ago being trivialised. The Chaplet is a Devotion of Choice but Divine Mercy Sunday is a required Solmnity. I have promoted this Divine Mercy for 29 years, with ferocious resistance by laity and priests, the tactics vary but clouding the celebration by saying it is another devotion amongst many. Deliberate distraction techniques against a Church sanctioned devotion, the Chaplet; and a Church promulgated Solemnity, Divine Mercy Sunday. Even after 13 years people still resist the Church's instruction to preach about and make the sacraments available to the laity, so that the people could gain that which Our Lord Jesus Christ strongly requested. Pope John Paul once said that the establishment of this Feast was the main reason God brought him to the Papacy.

--hide--

04/06/2013 new

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Thanks for sharing. It indeed opened the floodgates. Praying theheart

04/06/2013 new

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Read Theresa's contribution carefully. They are not my opinions I'm putting forward it is the Church's ruling in regard to Sunday being Divine Mercy Sunday. You have only recently discovered the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. That should tell you something. This is precisely what I have exoerienced for 29 years and sadly it is still happening. Priests have been the worst offenders at keeping this devotion down and not celebrating Divine Mercy Sunday or even putting the title of Divine Mercy Sunday in their bulletins. They received a general directive from the CDF at Bishop level to celebrate this Solemnity. It is not an optional. It was a direct order from Pope John Paul via th Commission for Doctrine and Faith in the year 2000. I am not referring to the Chaplet. Which is a wonderful devotion. On the other hand Divine Mercy Sunday is to be observed as an obligation on the part of Priests whom are instructed to make the sacraments availablel and the Feast of Mercy to be observed with solemnity in every parish globally. They still obstruct and disobey. Meanwhile people miss out through no fault of there own. There should be no resistance by any Catholic at any level in observing Divine Mercy Sunday. Laity are the ones taking the devotion to the people and are being met with much hostility but still they go on. The Lord requested this, the Pope obeyed the request. The Feasts status is the doing of the Church. I don't matter at all. If I have to battle to get this Solemnity out there, so be it. I don't know whether you have a copy of the Nine Day Novena, if you do read Day Nine carefully. I hope you have a wonderful day of Mercy Sunday.

04/06/2013 new

This linkgives info as well as the prayer to Divine Mercy of God:

www.faustyna.pl

04/06/2013 new

www.youtube.com

Thank you David, it is truly beautiful!

--hide--

04/06/2013 new

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Thank you David, it is truly beautiful!

Posts 101 - 110 of 128