Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 6th 2013 new

Sorry about being unclear.

I was agreeing with Mary's comment that one doesn't have to be either for or against.

The Church has many devotions -- this one, Corpus Christi, Christ the King, all the Marian devotions... Some strike a certain chord, others somehow do not. They all exist to help us -- in our multifarious personalities -- understand and draw closer to God. Each of us observes the devotions that "work" for us as individuals. C'est ca.

Please note that I am discussing "devotions", and not doctrine.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Sorry about being unclear.I was agreeing with Mary's comment that one doesn't hav...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Sorry about being unclear.

I was agreeing with Mary's comment that one doesn't have to be either for or against.

The Church has many devotions -- this one, Corpus Christi, Christ the King, all the Marian devotions... Some strike a certain chord, others somehow do not. They all exist to help us -- in our multifarious personalities -- understand and draw closer to God. Each of us observes the devotions that "work" for us as individuals. C'est ca.

Please note that I am discussing "devotions", and not doctrine.

--hide--

Hey Marge,

I know where you are coming from with all the Devotions. They are part of a many faceted perfect diamond. All are beautiful. What I am referring to is this coming Sundays Mass, Divine Mercy Sunday which was promulgated as a Solemnity into the Roman Missal in 2000 by John Paul 11. It was then actioned upon by the CDF in the Vatican and was an obligatory Solemnity to be globaly observed. The gift from Jesus on this day is when one receives Communion on this day, having been to reconcilliation during Lent or on the Day itself as some Priests are obedient and will schedule reconciliation on the Day to make it easier for all to have access to Jesus's special Gift. Which is, Total removal of all temporal punishment due to the sins of your whole life and your soul returned to the condition and state that it attained at Baptism. So it is pretty simple to receive and nothing much required to be eligible. There has been a campaign of deception about this day and often the tactic used is to give people the idea that it is just another devotion. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is a devotional but the Solemnity is not. I hope this helps you see it clearer, God bless, nice to hear from you. And remember the sign of peace 'With Attitude!'

Apr 6th 2013 new

Just finished praying the Divine Mercy Novena with 2 of my children. My son is in Queens, 2 hours south, my daughter's in Washington DC, so we prayed it via conference call. It was a beautiful experience. Now that they're grown, I don't see them often enough, so praying together for 9 days was amazing. It reminded me of all the nights we'd gather as a family to read the Bible and pray together when they were little.

So when we finished, there was a moment of silence. I asked, "would you like to pray a Rosary tomorrow night?" Heard enthusiastic "yesses" from both of them.

Now, I just have to drive 20 miles to the closest church which celebrates Divine Mercy Sunday, with Exposition, Benediction. My kids are blessed;being in metropolitan areas, they have more options there...

Con and Frank, thank you both for defending this beautiful Solemnity!

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: Just finished praying the Divine Mercy Novena with 2 of my children. My son is in Queens, 2 hou...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

Just finished praying the Divine Mercy Novena with 2 of my children. My son is in Queens, 2 hours south, my daughter's in Washington DC, so we prayed it via conference call. It was a beautiful experience. Now that they're grown, I don't see them often enough, so praying together for 9 days was amazing. It reminded me of all the nights we'd gather as a family to read the Bible and pray together when they were little.

So when we finished, there was a moment of silence. I asked, "would you like to pray a Rosary tomorrow night?" Heard enthusiastic "yesses" from both of them.

Now, I just have to drive 20 miles to the closest church which celebrates Divine Mercy Sunday, with Exposition, Benediction. My kids are blessed;being in metropolitan areas, they have more options there...

Con and Frank, thank you both for defending this beautiful Solemnity!

--hide--
Thankyou, and I hope you enjoy the benefits, spiritually, that this enormous act of generosity on the Lord's part is offered to us on the great Solemnity" Divine Mercy Sunday."

Apr 7th 2013 new

Espically US

Apr 7th 2013 new

Im not going to be agianst it I need His Mercy and Im all for it ITS OUR LAST HOPE

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Im not going to be agianst it I need His Mercy and Im all for it ITS OUR LAST HOPE
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

Im not going to be agianst it I need His Mercy and Im all for it ITS OUR LAST HOPE

--hide--

and the best thing Jaime it is free!

Apr 7th 2013 new

We need not beg God's Justice - that comes without asking. But we must be beggars at the altar for God's Mercy, for ourselves and the whole world. I am all for God's Mercy. Today is a great day for the outpouring of abundant grace.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! theheart

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: We need not beg God's Justice - that comes without asking. But we must be beggars at the alta...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

We need not beg God's Justice - that comes without asking. But we must be beggars at the altar for God's Mercy, for ourselves and the whole world. I am all for God's Mercy. Today is a great day for the outpouring of abundant grace.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!

--hide--
Amen.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday everyone!!! rosary biggrin

Posts 111 - 120 of 128