Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 7th 2013 new

I have been saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet since Good Friday and find it somehow very fulfilling/therapeutic. Praying I especially have always loved a particular sung version of the chaplet. It really seems to stir my soul. Not only does our priest frequently urge us to say the chaplet but as a matter of fact, as soon as he finished in the confessional before mass today, he walked up to the alter, knelt down and led the congregation in saying the chaplet. He again talked about the chaplet, during announcements, how Pope John Paul II encouraged us to embrace it and reminded us of the pamphlets that he had put out in the vestibule. At least in our diocese the benefits of the Divine Mercy Chaplet are promoted. theheart I really can't imagine why such a beautiful gift wouldn't be promoted very earnestly to and by all Catholics.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Devine Mercy Sunday to me is nothing more than that Christ on the cross shed all His ominpotent blood and water to open the gates of heaven for us to be with him. It means that in His Devine Mercy Christ, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity in His humanity assumed or took on, on Himself all the sins of all men of all times and conqured death once and for all. We need remember that priests are human and apt to err as much as everu human being, since they are human.

We the laity need to exort all priests to remember that that if they do not know what Christ's Devine Mercy is, they need learn about it, and we the laity have as much responsibility to be desciples of Our Lord to teach the priests, pray for them and exort them to follow the church.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Interesting, I must live in a little cocoon. I thought everyone new about Divine Mercy Sunday. Apparently not.

I am defiinitely for God's Divine Mercy.

St Faustina, Pray for us

Apr 10th 2013 new

How beautifully you have been blessed to have two children with whom you can share the rosary of the Divine Mercy!! You've certainly done something right in raising your children and they will bless your life in return for many years to come.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Hi Con, I thought you might like to read my Sunday bulletin to let you know Divine Mercy is alive and doing well in California:) All the parishes I know of around me are very devoted to the Divine Mercy.
www.saintbonaventureparish.org

Apr 10th 2013 new
Divine Mercy is like taking a spiritual shower.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Hi Con, I thought you might like to read my Sunday bulletin to let you know Divine Mercy is alive ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Hi Con, I thought you might like to read my Sunday bulletin to let you know Divine Mercy is alive and doing well in California:) All the parishes I know of around me are very devoted to the Divine Mercy.
www.saintbonaventureparish.org

--hide--

Thank you Laura,

you have a great parish base. Good bulletin set out. Our parish didn't acknowledge the Solemnity. We still have resistance, sad to say.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Thank you Laura, you have a great parish base. Good bulletin set out. Our parish di...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Thank you Laura,

you have a great parish base. Good bulletin set out. Our parish didn't acknowledge the Solemnity. We still have resistance, sad to say.

--hide--

I will continue prayers for your ministry and parish that all will be open to the vast Divine Mercy of God. Even the priest that did our celebration encouraged us all to share the word of the Divine Mercy.

Posts 121 - 128 of 128