Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Now you know that the person who wrote the interview is narrow-minded and judgmental. Next! <...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Now you know that the person who wrote the interview is narrow-minded and judgmental. Next!

Most often the interview gives more clues about the writer than about the responder.

--hide--

I never thought of it that way, Marge! Good point!! clap Chelle

Apr 6th 2013 new
The problem here is not the person who takes the interview, nor is it even the idea that some questions might have right and wrong answers (which I think is fine-- why not be pointed about something as important as marriage). The problem is the sort of response. Even if someone gave all the wrong answers to my interview, I would simply say very cheerfully, "Thanks for taking the time for answering my questions-- I really appreciate it. I will add you to my prayer list." If the person said anything at all positive, I would focus on that. Tact is a positive quality.
Apr 6th 2013 new

My questions are for entertainment interest only.. I would never eliminate someone for the answers they give. There's lots more important reasons than my silly little test.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:...I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:...I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'.
--hide--
At which point you responded with, "Maybe you'd like to give me private tutoring so I can ace it next time?" Battling eyelashes Battling eyelashes Battling eyelashes

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: At which point you responded with, "Maybe you'd like to give me private tutoring so I ca...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

At which point you responded with, "Maybe you'd like to give me private tutoring so I can ace it next time?"

--hide--

ha ha ha ha HA!

um, No!

Apr 6th 2013 new

But I did reply:

Hi _________ -- I may not have answered your interview questions as you would, but I answered them right as I would! Add more questions and there might be a meeting of our minds! o.O

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. T...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. Then I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'. I laughed. But do you make your interview with the idea that only certain answers are 'right' and others are 'wrong'? I made mine to find out about the taker, not try to find a twin! Please tell me how you think about the questions and answers in your and others' interviews!

--hide--

Hi Rachel! I took one interview and all the questions really needed explanation so I followed it up with an email, we had a lovely little exchange but I knew and so did he that we didn't fit as a match, he's wanting to start a family etc and I am pretty much past the baby stage physically. But, we had a really nice little talk and wished each other well.

I set up my interview with mostly the basic questions but I don't like them because they are really open ended discussion starting questions but the answers are fairly set. I only have one question on mine that they can get wrong -- How do you like your steak cooked. Anything above a medium/medium rare is just plain wrong :-)) and I'd never be able to cook him a steak like that, my entire being would rebel. :-)) I am of course just kidding well mostly, if he wanted a charbroiled steak he'd have to burn it himself.

And, I think only one or two people have even responded to my interview questions but it would be nice discussion starters. That might even be better than the interview, maybe a list of discussion starters that someone interested in your profile could choose one or two and write a little impromptu essay or share their ideas.

Fun question actually :-) Lauren

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. Then I receive...

I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. Then I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'. I laughed. But do you make your interview with the idea that only certain answers are 'right' and others are 'wrong'? I made mine to find out about the taker, not try to find a twin! Please tell me how you think about the questions and answers in your and others' interviews!

--hide--

What was the prize- that man? I'm sure with his attitude you could do much better.
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. T...

--hide--
I agree that because the possible answers are so limiting, the answers must be taken with a grain of salt. At best, I hope that the answers, when taken in their totality, will yield at least the soft silhouette of the person who took my interview. While I wrote my interview in the spirit of levity it is still possible to at least learn a little about the direction of the other person's priorities, intrests, likes and dislikes. I just wish more people would take it as I enjoy seeing their answers. Besides, I figure if they really couldn't see themselves in any of my offered choices; they can always drop me a note with their preferred answer. wink

Apr 7th 2013 new

Marge, you always read so interestingly.....I love reading you and Ray.

Posts 11 - 20 of 29