Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 6th 2013 new

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying rosary Prayers for your intentions Lauren.

I offer a Mass for Ernie on this special day that God wanted him.

A hug for you too.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart hug Dove

PEACE be with you, Lauren.

Apr 7th 2013 new

angel Praying angel hug theheart rosary

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying Praying Silence is Golden sometimes....helps us to focus on the inside of us and heal... rose

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't k...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't know if I am more anxious about the anniversary itself or anticipating how I will handle it, as it comes closer. I would like to ask for some prayers that I handle the date with grace and joyful reflection on the 25 + years we had together, the four beautiful children we raised, the friends we made all the beautiful gifts we shared and not on the incredible confusing loss I feel so keenly and continue to be at an utter loss to find words or reason for.

I continue to listen for what I am to do next and Our Lord still remains silent. I don't understand that either :-). But, it is how it is at the moment. Thank you, Lauren

--hide--

I love you Lauren. I am praying for you and here for you always. hug Praying rosary theheart

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't k...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't know if I am more anxious about the anniversary itself or anticipating how I will handle it, as it comes closer. I would like to ask for some prayers that I handle the date with grace and joyful reflection on the 25 + years we had together, the four beautiful children we raised, the friends we made all the beautiful gifts we shared and not on the incredible confusing loss I feel so keenly and continue to be at an utter loss to find words or reason for.

I continue to listen for what I am to do next and Our Lord still remains silent. I don't understand that either :-). But, it is how it is at the moment. Thank you, Lauren

--hide--
Lauren, dear, you are in my prayers. Praying There may be no words, but God isn't being silent; He is holding you in His arms.

Is there a local grief recovery service where you live, or something like that? There is a place near where I live that offers free grief support groups. Owned by a local hospital. I had individual sessions there after my almost-fiance died 13 years ago. Also, I attended a grief support group for parents in North Dakota after my son died as an infant 26 years ago. Also free. Both services were very helpful and helped me realize that grief is a normal process, and I wasn't alone.

Congratulations for reaching out to us. hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Lauren, dear, you are in my prayers. There may be no words, but God isn't being silent; He is...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Lauren, dear, you are in my prayers. There may be no words, but God isn't being silent; He is holding you in His arms.

Is there a local grief recovery service where you live, or something like that? There is a place near where I live that offers free grief support groups. Owned by a local hospital. I had individual sessions there after my almost-fiance died 13 years ago. Also, I attended a grief support group for parents in North Dakota after my son died as an infant 26 years ago. Also free. Both services were very helpful and helped me realize that grief is a normal process, and I wasn't alone.

Congratulations for reaching out to us.

--hide--

Hi Margo,

I started going to a counselor within a couple of weeks of Pete's death because I knew this grief thing was way beyond my ability to reason out. He moved me into a group situation last August which has been very helpful and ironically we will be meeting on the anniversary day. I warned them this week and they were all like this is where you should be that day. So I am thankful for that. And, needing the prayers. That is perhaps one of the good things tha came out of this, Pete's loss was so devastating that it has forced me to say I need help instead of always being the caretaker and fixer for everyone else. A hard lesson. Thank you so much for being here for me!

Apr 7th 2013 new

Thank you all so much, it helps me more than you know. Lauren

Posts 11 - 20 of 39