Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

God bless you Lauren. Praying for you

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying Praying Praying hug

Apr 10th 2013 new
You'll be ok my Airwolf sister. biggrin
Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying Praying rose theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new

Lauren,

Although I have not been widowed, I have a special place in my heart for those that have lost their spouses especially if they had a loving relationship. I am unsure if it will ever be better but as time goes better able to deal with that loss.

I know there will be many others offering their suggestions to help you through these difficult moments.

In a small way, I offer the following prayer that may offer some consolation:

Most loving Jesus, you know the pain and sorrow of death. Mercifully hear the prayers of Lauren and those who seek to comfort her during the upcoming difficult days. Help her through the moments of tears, sadness and personal sorrow.

Bless her and her children that will help them cope with the loss of a spouse and dad. Let the bond of love which you have for all of us be their hope that true love never ends and those precious moments with her beloved will forever be held dear in her heart and those of their children.

Amen.

God bless and keep you and yours - always. Praying rosary hug rose

Leon

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't k...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't know if I am more anxious about the anniversary itself or anticipating how I will handle it, as it comes closer. I would like to ask for some prayers that I handle the date with grace and joyful reflection on the 25 + years we had together, the four beautiful children we raised, the friends we made all the beautiful gifts we shared and not on the incredible confusing loss I feel so keenly and continue to be at an utter loss to find words or reason for.

I continue to listen for what I am to do next and Our Lord still remains silent. I don't understand that either :-). But, it is how it is at the moment. Thank you, Lauren

--hide--

Prayers for you as the death of your spouse approaches.. May you find comfort knowing that God has a plan and knows your future..

Keep following along with Him and He will show you and all of us the way.. Big hug out to you .. and prayers!
Kathleen Praying hug

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: (Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The one year anniversary of Pete's death ...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Quote:
Lauren-927923 said:

The one year anniversary of Pete's death is quickly approaching -- April 23rd. I don't know if I am more anxious about the anniversary itself or anticipating how I will handle it, as it comes closer. I would like to ask for some prayers that I handle the date with grace and joyful reflection on the 25 + years we had together, the four beautiful children we raised, the friends we made all the beautiful gifts we shared and not on the incredible confusing loss I feel so keenly and continue to be at an utter loss to find words or reason for.

I continue to listen for what I am to do next and Our Lord still remains silent. I don't understand that either :-). But, it is how it is at the moment. Thank you, Lauren

Prayers for you as the death of your spouse approaches.. May you find comfort knowing that God has a plan and knows your future..

Keep following along with Him and He will show you and all of us the way.. Big hug out to you .. and prayers!
Kathleen

--hide--

Meant to say as the one year anniversary of his death approaches.. embarassed

Apr 10th 2013 new

Lauren~~~ i am so sorry for your loss. As a widow that loss is so great you don't know how you can even keep breathing! And as the time goes by you deal differently, you cry but you sometimes stop yourself because it is so exhausting. But you need to cleanse with the tears as well. On the first year anniversary of Chris's death, I took the day off of work and I went to mass then did several things we used to do. I went to the park we had our reception at. I went to where we used to lunch, I went to the cemetary of course and cried my eyes out. While I was there this nice old gentleman approached me and he knew, but asked who i was crying for and I told him and he said died so young etc. And he talked with me for awhile and I didn't want to talk to anyone but he was alone too, so I did. And we said we would see each other again here. We said we would pray for each other, there was just something different about him. I didn't sleep the night before or that night, but I spent that time praying and looking at pictures and reminicsing about our life together. I looked at the disc I put together for his wake and his awards and diplomas and all of that stuff. Then I had a glass of wine. And cried and cried. But I thought now, he is in Heaven and in pain no more, so that comforts me. You have much support here. We all are praying fo you, just do whatever you can for yourself that day, and don't push yourself. Be good to yourself. You will be alright. Take care, Jane Praying Praying Praying hug hug hug theheart theheart theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new

Hi Lauren,

My thoughts & prayers are with you. I understand how hard it is to lose someone you love and who impacted your life so much. May 8th will be 2 years since my Dad passed away and, at times, the emotions still feel like it was yesterday; but time does heal and I'm sure when God feels you are ready for the next step in your life you will hear him calling out to you. Until then, just take every moment/day one step at a time and keep moving forward, because that is what Pete would want you to do biggrin

hug Praying rosary Patti

Posts 31 - 39 of 39