Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Apr 10th 2013 new
Not old yet! Each year brings a new adventures! At 3 is was a tricycle, at 16 a 4-wheeler (car), at 21 well, legal, at 30 motherhood, at 40, an emerald, at 50, new adventures....
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I call 20 somethings mam if I don't know their name.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I call 20 somethings mam if I don't know their name.

--hide--

Marita, in my circles 20's are usually addressed as Miss. Ma'am is usually short for Madam, which is reserved for 'older' ladies. rolling eyes

Asains tend to hide their age well, so up 'til about late thirties I was still being carded. I was pre-boarding a flight when a young steward offered to stow my hand luggage. Much to my consternation he addressed me as Ma'am. First time ever !! eyepopping embarassed faint

Hitting 40 for me was was tough mentally. Kinda like Over The Hill. weeping BUT 50 was a breeze. Battling eyelashes Battling eyelashes

Apr 11th 2013 new

My 24 yr old daughter and I are like sisters or best friends. Watching her grow up brightened my days and made me feel young. But then came the dreaded milestone --- her first date (2 years ago). As she went out the door all excited, I watched her beaming with happiness as her date handed her a bouquet of flowers. When they left, I cried and felt OLD wide eyed …. but I survived! laughing

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”? Was it a particular a...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”?

Was it a particular age or birthday? Could it have been an awkward social situation?

I know some of the younger folks may have not reached that point in their life yet (and maybe some of the older folks either ).

So for the youngsters, at what age do you think someone officially becomes old?

--hide--

OLD??? Guess anyone is old when their joints start to snap, crackle and pop! laughing laughing laughing Age is only a number, and as you age you gain wisdom. I don't feel old and I don't look old...look at me on the left, do I look my age? Ooopppsss! maybe I do, huh? laughing laughing laughing

In reality, you're only as old as you feel or as old as you think. Think good, feel good. Think positive, do God's will, pray, meditate, don't worry be happy, and you feel and look forever young. biggrin wink

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”? Was it a particular a...

Was it a particular age or birthday? Could it have been an awkward social situation?

I know some of the younger folks may have not reached that point in their life yet (and maybe some of the older folks either ).

--hide--

OLD??? Guess anyone is old when their joints start to snap, crackle and pop! laughing laughing laughing Age is only a number, and as you age you gain wisdom. I don't feel old and I don't look old...look at me on the left, do I look my age? Ooopppsss! maybe I do, huh? laughing laughing laughing

In reality, you're only as old as you feel or as old as you think. Think good, feel good. Think positive, do God's will, pray, meditate, don't worry be happy, and you feel and look forever young. biggrin wink

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: My 24 yr old daughter and I are like sisters or best friends. Watching her grow up brightened...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

My 24 yr old daughter and I are like sisters or best friends. Watching her grow up brightened my days and made me feel young. But then came the dreaded milestone --- her first date (2 years ago). As she went out the door all excited, I watched her beaming with happiness as her date handed her a bouquet of flowers. When they left, I cried and felt OLD …. but I survived!

--hide--

Did you cry because you felt old or because you felt like you were losing your daughter?

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: OLD??? Guess anyone is old when their joints start to snap, crackle and pop! Age is only a...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

OLD??? Guess anyone is old when their joints start to snap, crackle and pop! Age is only a number, and as you age you gain wisdom. I don't feel old and I don't look old...look at me on the left, do I look my age? Ooopppsss! maybe I do, huh?

In reality, you're only as old as you feel or as old as you think. Think good, feel good. Think positive, do God's will, pray, meditate, don't worry be happy, and you feel and look forever young.

--hide--

My joints already snap, crackle, pop. Sometimes they hurt when a storm is coming. This has been happening since I was a teenager.

Apr 11th 2013 new

--hide--

When I was younger, I thought it was 40... now I think it's 60.

When I moved to SC I was doing things here with the young adult group (under 40) when I was 45 since they didn't ask my age; I felt comfortable with people that I had the same interests with other than age.

Apr 11th 2013 new

I started feeling old with my first born which was the age of 25, then when I hit 30, and then 35, then Lordy Lordy 40 which made me think more about my life (Eeks), and now I am officially regressing back to the lovely age of 29 laughing laughing

The worst thing about getting gold, is getting OLD! boggled

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-853373 said: I just turned 3 times 25 and think you are as old as you feel.
(Quote) Mary-853373 said:

I just turned 3 times 25 and think you are as old as you feel.

--hide--

laughing That's a good one! I'll have to use that!

Posts 41 - 50 of 73