Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-958229 said: I "know"..... I need to go out and camp.
(Quote) Steven-958229 said:

I "know"..... I need to go out and camp.

--hide--
Camping with my 4-H club and waking up the next morning with a swollen eye, apparently an allergic reaction to swimming in a dam.

Apr 6th 2013 new

I held the record for sneaking a swim across the swimming pool during break. (Notice sneaky smile on photo.)

Apr 6th 2013 new

Still eating chocolate chips, which I used to sneak and my mom would know. Now I just buy them myself.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Camping with my 4-H club and waking up the next morning with a swollen eye, apparently an allergi...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Camping with my 4-H club and waking up the next morning with a swollen eye, apparently an allergic reaction to swimming in a dam.

--hide--

ouch.....Lucky for me I do not an allergic reaction to lake at the Boy scout.

Apr 6th 2013 new

1) Walking to church with my family

2) First day of school, anxiously awaiting to find out who my teacher will be, and who'll be in my class

3) Last day of school, looking forward to three months off

4) Saturday morning cartoons... real cartoons, Hannah Barbara, Bugs Bunny and friends, etc... not the poorly drawn garbage they have now

5) Looking forward to being grown up one day, right rolling eyes

Apr 6th 2013 new

Oh wow. :-))

1. long summer nights on the front porch talking and laughing

2. long talks at the dinner table during the winter

3. my daily visits with grandma Gen to watch Bonanza and High Chapparal with her.

4. Summers at the cabin

5. riding bikes, playing ball, roaming the neighborhood with my friends and walking my St. Bernard :-).

Lots of things to miss :-). Walking over to pick up my friend Lacy for Mass and she was always late, so we would have to race like crazy through two backyards hopping fences, coming out right beside the convent lol and race across the school yard to get to Mass on time. They put a lock on the gate once thinking it would slow us down or stop us, but it didn't, we just climbed the fence, dresses, heels and all. We never missed Mass though :-) Had a few torn stockings but we always made it :-). If we had ever been late we wouldn't have been allowed to go together.

Apr 9th 2013 new

1.) Summer vacation at the cottages in Jim Falls, Wisconsin

2.) Going to Pizza Hut on the last day of school

3.) Saturday morning cartoons

4.) Playing outside with the neighborhood kids and chasing the ice cream truck

5.) Holiday pageant at school

Apr 10th 2013 new

1) The 1970s! (the shows, music, even the clothes, toys, bikes, etc.)

2) The excitement you felt waking up on your birthday! fez

3) Summer block parties cloud

4) Christmas morning! Still like it, but as a child - sooo wonderful. santahat

5) Little to no health issues...once you got through the chicken pox and measles stage...(had em both!) boggled

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Ok, I'll start1) Crazy Straws2) Slip and Slide3) Twister4) Simon Says5) Baby That-A...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Ok, I'll start

1) Crazy Straws
2) Slip and Slide
3) Twister
4) Simon Says
5) Baby That-A-Way...she crawled...well kinda...

What do you miss?

--hide--

1. Anticipating a letter from my Grandpa in Ireland and then sitting don and writing a 3 page response front and back.

2. Bike riding with my sister...freedom

3. Listening to my Mother's spooky childhood stories.

4. Playing Old Maid, Buttons, Bingo, board games at the kitchen table drinking tea with my Mom and sisters and brother.

5, Learning how to dance on the porch to records on the victrolka.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Ok, I'll start1) Crazy Straws2) Slip and Slide3) Twister4) Simon Says...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Ok, I'll start

1) Crazy Straws
2) Slip and Slide
3) Twister
4) Simon Says
5) Baby That-A-Way...she crawled...well kinda...

What do you miss?

--hide--
1~ Hiking through the woods and along the Potomac river with my friends.

2~ The go-cart my dad made us kids from a wooden gun crate, baby buggy wheels and tin cans for headlights.

3~ Our dogs didn't have leashes.

4~ Fishing in the local creek.

5~ Fighting with my siblings over who got to stand on the 'hump' in our '47 Mercury.

Posts 11 - 20 of 36