Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Airwolf, CHIP's
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Airwolf, CHIP's
--hide--

Yes Airwolf and CHIPS and Emergency 51 and Adam 12. . .which you might be too young to remember lol. I have to tell a story about Airwolf though, I probably saw like five episodes because I was working I think by the time it came on, but it had Jan Micheal Vincent and Ernest Borgnine in it. . .one night a year or so ago, Pete and I were up late flipping through channels and this theme song caught my attention, I said oh Airwolf, go back lol. You should have seen the look on Pete's face -- the girl who can't name the artist or title of a song knew Airwolf and the actors, so we watched it LOL. . .

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Yes Airwolf and CHIPS and Emergency 51 and Adam 12. . .which you might be too young to remembe...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Yes Airwolf and CHIPS and Emergency 51 and Adam 12. . .which you might be too young to remember lol. I have to tell a story about Airwolf though, I probably saw like five episodes because I was working I think by the time it came on, but it had Jan Micheal Vincent and Ernest Borgnine in it. . .one night a year or so ago, Pete and I were up late flipping through channels and this theme song caught my attention, I said oh Airwolf, go back lol. You should have seen the look on Pete's face -- the girl who can't name the artist or title of a song knew Airwolf and the actors, so we watched it LOL. . .

--hide--

Stringfellow Hawke and Santillo
Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Eileen, I too remember the freedom of riding our bikes for miles along country roads. There have always been da...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Eileen, I too remember the freedom of riding our bikes for miles along country roads. There have always been dangerous people out there, but they were not on anyone's 'radar' back then. By today's standards, my parents would be considered negligent because they had no idea where we were all day in the summer.

--hide--

Isn't that the truth Peter! We would ride all around the cemetery and found where they buried the children. It was near a beautiful pond and the most peaceful place and there was an angel standing guard. The cops would nap in the cometary so we felt pretty comfortable. If my mother ever knew how many miles we logged on those bikes.

We would go to the playground when only the big kids were there. They were called theHood Street Gang and we would listen to,them talk about who was in jail and what for. We were three sisters and well known for that and they wouldn't bother us because we were in classes with their brother or sister.

It was such an innocent life and carefree in comparison to when my kids grew up. We had the advantage Peter.

Eileen
Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. Captain Kangaroo.2. Bing Crosby & the Hollywood Palace.3. Paper straws (my parents did not al...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

1. Captain Kangaroo.
2. Bing Crosby & the Hollywood Palace.
3. Paper straws (my parents did not allow chewing gum, this was the closest thing we had!).
4. Hostess Sno-balls, a 2-pack for 9 cents
5. Swimming all day. We had a pool, and during the summer months we'd spend ten hours a day in the water.

--hide--

Hey Marge.i was on Captain Kangaroo and Ranger Andy!
Apr 10th 2013 new

-having a boat and going out on it every weekend- for fishing and diving

-spending the summers in the out-islands of the bahamas and exploring

- the beach

- being athletically thin!! laughing

- No responsibilities! cookiemonster

Apr 10th 2013 new
The sound of my grandmother's laugh and the smell of her cooking.

The sound of my mother playing the piano and her laughter too.

Running around outside with the neighbor kids playing games and roller skating. (Remember the old metal roller skates that hooked on our shoes and you had to use a key?!)

The nuns and my pastor, at school. Gosh I loved them.
Posts 31 - 36 of 36