Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: This is a tricky question, and I'm honestly torn between both options: O...
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said:

This is a tricky question, and I'm honestly torn between both options:

On one hand, I love my life in this world, it hasn't been perfect but it truely has been wonderful and I'm living the life of my dreams - thanks to God and lots of hardwork. However, in as much as I would want to choose to continue life here, this option would be like telling God: "Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first take care of.."

On the other hand, heaven is the absolute dream so abandoning the rest of my life here on earth for a direct ticket to heaven is definitely a worthwhile sacrifice. But, considering all my family and loved ones who'll be devastated over my "death" if I leave this world at such a young and fruitful age, I have to think twice about this choice as it'd make some other people miserable.

So, after much deliberation, my best response to this would be: "Lord, let thy will be done".

--hide--

In that case, isn't his will giving you a choice to begin with?
Apr 10th 2013 new

Heaven. This life is passing. As I always tell my students, Heaven can't get here fast enough. :)

Apr 10th 2013 new

No brainer. Heaven Now. I may not get another chance. May we all Trust in Him to take care of all we leave behind, even our children. Detachment.

Apr 10th 2013 new

I would want to go to Heaven now but I think of what could of been, would my death inspire my famiy to return to the faith or would it drive them further away from the faith. As long as I am ensured Heaven in the end I would stay here on earth to complete the will that God has given to me to complete.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: But God tested Abraham, and because Abraham had complete trust in the Lord and was w...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

But God tested Abraham, and because Abraham had complete trust in the Lord and was willing sacrafice is ONLY son, his son was saved. I would say that presuming to know what God wanted would be a much bigger sin!

--hide--

Rather than just coming out and saying it Peter, trust me when I say, the main reason God blessed me with my son was because He knew it would keep me here. Soo, I have no doubt that leaving at this point in his life would only be selfish on my part.

Selfishness is not love, however, God is the epitome of Love, and He asks for us to return His love by accepting His Divine Will for us. Would Abraham not have been selfish if he had decided to disregard God's Command and opted to save his son?

The question presented me was a not a command but a Choice: go now Or finish out my natural state that God Himself appointed me to. Is the answer not obvious to continue my state and return His love? It's been obvious enough to keep me here for this long.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: If God gave me the choice, I would believe He was testing me, and my answer would be no. I am ...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

If God gave me the choice, I would believe He was testing me, and my answer would be no. I am a mother and willingly abandoning my child just to reach heaven early surely must be a mortal sin.

Although I really hope He would let me know I made the right choice. Couldn't imagine going through life thinking I missed my one and only chance! lol

--hide--
Hi Michelle!

I respectfully have to disagree. If God is aSKING ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN Him AND THE WORLD...i THINK hE IS ASKING ME; "dO YOU LOVE THE WORLD AND IT'S ATTATCHMENTS MORE THAN ME?" oops sorry, about the caps! So I of course would say " My Lord and my God, I am ready when you want to take me. They Holy will be done". God bless you, Michelle!

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: But God tested Abraham, and because Abraham had complete trust in the Lord and was w...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

But God tested Abraham, and because Abraham had complete trust in the Lord and was willing sacrafice is ONLY son, his son was saved. I would say that presuming to know what God wanted would be a much bigger sin!

--hide--
Hi Peter,

That was an awesome answer/ post!!! Touche' my brother!

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi Michelle!I respectfully have to disagree. If God is aSKING ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN Hi...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Michelle!

I respectfully have to disagree. If God is aSKING ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN Him AND THE WORLD...i THINK hE IS ASKING ME; "dO YOU LOVE THE WORLD AND IT'S ATTATCHMENTS MORE THAN ME?" oops sorry, about the caps! So I of course would say " My Lord and my God, I am ready when you want to take me. They Holy will be done". God bless you, Michelle!

--hide--

Your welcome to disagree Elizabeth, not a problem, but I do believe I must not have made myself entirely clear if you feel that I wouldn't be doing His Will by staying. Besides, it was a choice not a command to go. I would choose to finish out my state in life serving Him.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: Besides, it was a choice not a command to go. I would choose to finish out my state in life serving...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: Besides, it was a choice not a command to go. I would choose to finish out my state in life serving Him.
--hide--

Exactly. If He is giving a choice - then it is no different than making the choice in this life to love him - to do what he gives us the choice to do while living. At this late stage of my life, I want my children and grandchildren to know and remember that their mother and grandmother made a choice to serve God. If it is a choice, then I don't have to worry beyond this point and the natural end of my life what I will choose to do. If it is a choice then I hope that my flesh and blood will make a choice to serve him by an example that I gave them. Then, I will be truly satisfied - I could not ask for more.

Apr 11th 2013 new

What would you do Richard?? I think I would say stay here as I am caring for my daughter who is severely disabled (emotionally and mentally). I would love a break away but Heaven is just a little too far to go at the moment! Then...some people say you can catch glimpses of Heaven on Earth. I do believe that too. Great Question!

Ann

Posts 101 - 110 of 117