Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/07/2013 new

I could lean either way on this one, but i'd still probably end up sticking it out on earth. As someone said before, you only get one shot at it, and you've got an eternity to spend in heaven. Plus, there is a lot of good you could still wind up doing. That being said, one could argue that you'd get a lot if not just as much or even more spiritual work done in heaven. Plenty of great saints have had suspiciously short lives, because they got called home to work behind the curtain. On the other hand, there are more than a few who serve heroically patient lives all the way until the sin of adam destroys their bodies, but they bear that willingly as punishmen for all our sins. So you have to ask yourself, where best am i fit to serve?

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

I want to stay here and be with people, get married live life, travel, teach art and music, help people and get my license and be a therapist and help more people. I want to live this life out fully and passionately... I will get there in good time... enough...

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

--hide--

I forgot to say I want to get back to lots of painting, drawing and singing and playing music too.. I want to feel in shape and healthy, cook for others and explore learning how to cook many different things, learn more about psychology and how to help others in various ways. I want to be a wife and companion, maybe even foster a child ... But I would want the man to come into my life first and if he never does I will continue with all of my interests and readng in all the subjects I am currently involved in learning.. wink

04/07/2013 new

There is really no way to answer this question. Only God would decide this for us. We look forward to heaven but yet we look to address what Jesus wants us to do on our time here. Lets appreciate each that we have and give our prayer to Jesus our lord. Buts thing are in gods hands. This is something to really something thinking.

04/07/2013 new

Sheesh, this is a hard question! If God was offering, I'd pick heaven. Since He isn't offering that, I will live the life He gave me and enjoy it to the full. :)

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:

If the Good Lord didn't still want you here, you would NOT be here. It's all in His hands. We just here to carry on His work in the meantime.

--hide--

While it may be hypothetical,

we are here and we are obligated to search for His Will for our lives while we are here.

We are obligated to LIVE and search for ways to make the world a better place and ways to glorify God while we are here.

Otherwise we could sign up to be euthanized. We all know God does nto offer us that choice. We are HIS. theheart

Offering up our bodies as a LIVING sacrifice means we live FOR HIM, BY HIM and THROUGH HIM..

If someone does not know what that means than it is our responsibility to attempt to find that out.

I advise people who see no reason to hang around on earth,

to read Aquinas and Augustine and see how those two saints chose to spoend their days on this earth.

Maybe God is not finished with your formation here.

04/07/2013 new

Actually, if God were offering, I would ask Him what He wills... He would know best.

04/07/2013 new

Please excuse my typos. What my word & tying meant to say was lets appreciate each other and give prayers to to other. Again Im sorry for the typos with mesage. God Bless

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said: I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:

I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with that being said, it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ... If I had a family, I'd choose to stay, but as Chelle stated, as long as staying doesn't mess with my chances for heaven later ..

Richard, we all have our ups and downs, but we DO have LIFE -- and we have it NOW. It's a gift from our Creator -- a very precious gift, indeed!!! Are we to say on a whim that we want to give back this gift so that we can have it easy?

We all want a heavenly reward, but it's up to us to do good on Earth, and the Good Lord with His final judgment.

If life is good, we want to continue to make it good. If we don't think it's good, then we still have work to do, don't we? The easy way out isn't always the better choice.

--hide--

God asks us to stay here and grow in many ways and we are to cooperate with Him in His will for us.

04/07/2013 new

--hide--

We yearn for Heaven but God gave us this life as our proving ground. If I chose Heaven Now, I wonder how many lives it would affect? How many lost opportunities to bring Christ's love into other people's awareness? I would choose to live out the rest of my life, and beg the grace to live it right.

Posts 21 - 30 of 117