Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-957633 said: I would Defiantly remain here; 1, my children need their mother 2, there is still so much to experience ...
(Quote) Naomi-957633 said: I would Defiantly remain here; 1, my children need their mother 2, there is still so much to experience 3, I still feel I haven't earned my place in heaven
--hide--

Welcome to the fora and CM Naomi. wave Keep posting so that we can get to know you and lend support on your journey. hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Amen
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Amen

--hide--

Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. Those who were foolish, when they took their lamps, took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. Now while the bridegroom delayed, they all slumbered and slept. But at midnight there was a cry, "Behold! The bridegroom is coming! Come out to meet him!" Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. The foolish said to the wise, "Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out." But the wise answered, saying, "What if there isn't enough for us and you? You go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves." While they went away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins also came, saying, "Lord, Lord, open to us." But he answered, "Most certainly I tell you, I don't know you." Watch therefore, for you don't know the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

— Matthew 25:1-13i, World English Bible If he were to ask only once and supposing He asked the whole world, I am ready, front and center! Helen

Apr 7th 2013 new

I would want to go to heaven but I would chose to remain on this earth for as long as my girls need me. They are young -only 11 and 13, and have lost a dad, I do not want them to lose their mum too.

Apr 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Absolutely, I would say "take me with you." I have been looking for the "first exit" for years...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Absolutely, I would say "take me with you." I have been looking for the "first exit" for years now.

--hide--
I would ask for the First Class Section on my flight to Heaven...

Apr 7th 2013 new

EVERYTHING in God's time and on HIS terms. smile

I've found complete peace in surrendering to God's Will. It's confusing and frustrating when you can't figure out what He wants or why He wants it, but I've learned to say, "Lord, I know that You want what's right for me, so I'll just wait for you to show what Your plan is".

It's very liberating. I don't have to worry, He's got me covered and it's all good from here on.

Apr 7th 2013 new
Heaven now, obviously.
Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

Heaven, no doubt. I don't think I'd even let the hypothetical person give me option #2! I'd interrupt the person and say "Heaven, now!"

Apr 7th 2013 new

Id give up this life of pain and leave to heaven to eternity

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: We yearn for Heaven but God gave us this life as our proving ground
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

We yearn for Heaven but God gave us this life as our proving ground

--hide--

Exactly, Alice! I think a twist on the original wording reveals the true nature of the question.

New wording: "If you were given the opportunity to enter heaven without earning it, would you take that opportunity?"

@Richard, I do appreciate the question (very interesting) and recognize it as being hypothetical. But this is my take on it. =)

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

WOW, Richard what a great question. I don't have a answer for you right now because your question has given me so much to think about. It is such a profound question to think about, especially because I have two very beautiful gifts from God. A daughter and son that I love dearly, and they know that as much as I love them, I love God more.

Thank you for giving me something to think about and may God bless you by keeping your church open. Praying

Mary

Posts 51 - 60 of 117