Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--
I would go immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 7th 2013 new

clap clap clap
What great insight! Loads of ideas there I'd never have thought of.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-784275 said: WOW, Richa...
(Quote) Mary-784275 said:

WOW, Richard what a great question. I don't have a answer for you right now because your question has given me so much to think about. It is such a profound question to think about, especially because I have two very beautiful gifts from God. A daughter and son that I love dearly, and they know that as much as I love them, I love God more.

Thank you for giving me something to think about and may God bless you by keeping your church open.

Mary

--hide--

Hi Mary ... Thank you so much for your perspective ... and for thinking about this question in broader terms ... I just wanted to hear about how we humans would react to having our ultimate goal in front of us and whether we would give up this earthly realm (since it is the only life we have ever known) immediately to get it ... Nothing negative was intended, and your sentiments voice that!

BTW, the campaign to keep my church open continues! Thank you for the good thoughts!

Richard

Apr 7th 2013 new

Think that God has us here on earth for a reason. He gave life to us and a free will. But to fulfill his choice we need to choose life, for that is what he gave us. He waits to see whether we are determined towards him and live it as long as he wants it to be for us. Even when life is hard and looks impossible. He want to see faithfulness in that matter as well. People who are no believers have a great umptyness they not always realize. But God did give us his word, so the best is, to stick to that. It gives a purpose and depth that we are not alone and live till the day of his choice to call us back.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-885268 said: Think that God has us here on earth for a reason. He gave life to us and a free will. But to ful...
(Quote) Marian-885268 said:

Think that God has us here on earth for a reason. He gave life to us and a free will. But to fulfill his choice we need to choose life, for that is what he gave us. He waits to see whether we are determined towards him and live it as long as he wants it to be for us. Even when life is hard and looks impossible. He want to see faithfulness in that matter as well. People who are no believers have a great umptyness they not always realize. But God did give us his word, so the best is, to stick to that. It gives a purpose and depth that we are not alone and live till the day of his choice to call us back.

--hide--

But Marian ... in this hypothetical ... and it is of course simply a hypothetical ...it is GOD HIMSELF presenting this choice ... Take Heaven now ... or decide if Heaven Can Wait .... What if you were given this choice?

Apr 7th 2013 new

Maybe the best response is... Thy Will be done.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

--hide--
Hi Richard,
I just wanted to say that this is a GREAT HYPOTHETICAL question! I see that so many people are niot taking it as such. If God is asking I am going! I

know that we are suppose to be grateful and live our lives for Christ. Which I "try" and do every moment of my day (although, I fail and fall often) but I

understand where you are coming from. To say, I'd rather go live with Jesus in His kingdom because he asks is not being ungrateful If Our Savior asks me to go, I figure He has it all covered for me down here. besides, I have no children. Now if God said "Elizabeth do you want to come with me now but their will be NO ONE to take care of your parents in their later years..." I would ask God "Lord, what do you want me to do? Thy holy will be done , not mine". But if Hes just asking..per se... I'm so outta here! I love your question. God bless!

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi Richard,I just wanted to say that this is a GREAT HYPOTHETICAL question! I see that so...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Richard,
I just wanted to say that this is a GREAT HYPOTHETICAL question! I see that so many people are niot taking it as such. If God is asking I am going! I

know that we are suppose to be grateful and live our lives for Christ. Which I "try" and do every moment of my day (although, I fail and fall often) but I

understand where you are coming from. To say, I'd rather go live with Jesus in His kingdom because he asks is not being ungrateful If Our Savior asks me to go, I figure He has it all covered for me down here. besides, I have no children. Now if God said "Elizabeth do you want to come with me now but their will be NO ONE to take care of your parents in their later years..." I would ask God "Lord, what do you want me to do? Thy holy will be done , not mine". But if Hes just asking..per se... I'm so outta here! I love your question. God bless!

--hide--

Thanks Elizabeth ... I like your thoughtful approach ... As we both say, it is a hypothetical ... But since it is God asking the question (in this quirky scenario), wouldn't it make sense to people that He indeed has the authority TO ask it?? ... So, your are right on the money!!

Apr 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you c...

--hide--

I would live my life out. --I of course would hate to hesitate to quiz God.....but I would ask him if my prayers would be more powerful from earth or heaven. If from earth----I still have my family and friends and many strangers to pray for.

I dont think any of us would/should or could possibly go to heaven if we shortchanged anyone on the great gift of our catholic faith.
Apr 7th 2013 new

--hide--

I guess it depends on how I feel at the moment....Though I don't trust myself to make that decision. It can certainly be made for the wrong reasons. My desire to stay here may be due to an inordinate attachment to something here on earth. As if when things are going well in my life, I feel as though I could live forever on earth perfectly content, no closer to God than I am now. And yet my desire to go to Heaven may be simply due to my being tired of the sufferings of this life, rather than for love of God or desire to be with Him. I tend to think I should desire the opposite of what I want at any particular moment. When life is hard, and I wouldn't mind leaving for something better, I feel as though I should desire it to be as long and as difficult as God wills. And when life is going well, I feel as though I should be ready to give it all up in an instant to be with God.

Posts 61 - 70 of 117