Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

It's a hypothetical question but is a good one. smile

If God does come and make me choose, I'd tell him, "Lord, thy will be done. I surrendered all of my life to you and everything I have, and if you want me now, I'll go with you and continue to serve you in heaven. I trust you and I know that you'll take care of all my love ones that I will leave here on Earth." Yes, I'm ready anytime if God ask me to go to heaven even right at this moment. I'd be glad he ask me to choose between going to heaven or staying here on Earth, at lease he didn't include hell as the 3rd option.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: It's a hypothetical question but is a good one. If God does come and make me ch...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

It's a hypothetical question but is a good one.

If God does come and make me choose, I'd tell him, "Lord, thy will be done. I surrendered all of my life to you and everything I have, and if you want me now, I'll go with you and continue to serve you in heaven. I trust you and I know that you'll take care of all my love ones that I will leave here on Earth." Yes, I'm ready anytime if God ask me to go to heaven even right at this moment. I'd be glad he ask me to choose between going to heaven or staying here on Earth, at lease he didn't include hell as the 3rd option.

--hide--

Oooppps! sorry mispelling....
lease...should be... least

Apr 8th 2013 new

No question there: Heaven. There is nothing important enough on Earth to keep me here. The grief at anyone's passing is ultimately temporary, and think of how much more good I could do in Heaven for those I left behind!

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Jim-50634 said: I guess it depends on how I feel at the moment....Though I don't trust myself to make that dec...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

I guess it depends on how I feel at the moment....Though I don't trust myself to make that decision. It can certainly be made for the wrong reasons. My desire to stay here may be due to an inordinate attachment to something here on earth. As if when things are going well in my life, I feel as though I could live forever on earth perfectly content, no closer to God than I am now. And yet my desire to go to Heaven may be simply due to my being tired of the sufferings of this life, rather than for love of God or desire to be with Him. I tend to think I should desire the opposite of what I want at any particular moment. When life is hard, and I wouldn't mind leaving for something better, I feel as though I should desire it to be as long and as difficult as God wills. And when life is going well, I feel as though I should be ready to give it all up in an instant to be with God.

--hide--

i like that answer
Apr 8th 2013 new

Hmmmm...theologically this is a tricky one! One of my priests many years ago taught that when Christ said ' the kingdom of God is at hand' He was saying, among other things that Heaven, in one sense, is right here, right now and that the task of being alive was to search for it. For me there can't be an either it's here or it's somewhere else. There wouldn't be much point to hanging around if we couldn't get into heaven before we got to heaven so to speak!

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

Take me Lord! angel Praying theheart I wanna spend my eternity with You my Lord and my God! I wanna see my mommy and my brother. I wanna see all my aunts and uncles who have left us. I want everlasting Glory with Jesus! theheart rose theheart rose theheart

Apr 8th 2013 new

With respect to being separated from Christ, St Paul in Romans 9 said something similar because of his love for his people, the Jews. You're in good company.

Apr 8th 2013 new
Hey everyone,

If you won the lottery, would you cash in the ticket?
Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hey everyone, If you won the lottery, would you cash in the ticket?
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hey everyone,

If you won the lottery, would you cash in the ticket?
--hide--
Bow clap I loooooooovvvvvvvvvvee your answer!- question! God may ask only once.

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: I loooooooovvvvvvvvvvee your answer!- question! God may ask only once.
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

I loooooooovvvvvvvvvvee your answer!- question! God may ask only once.

--hide--

Thanks Helen, I couldn't resist. I can be a character. lol
Posts 71 - 80 of 117