Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) John-177773 said: Are you sure? Because you still have he gift of life, the Lord has important work for you to do. There are peop...
(Quote) John-177773 said:

Are you sure? Because you still have he gift of life, the Lord has important work for you to do. There are people on earth that only you can serve. Remember you do have the Lord's gifts. With all the hard times you have suffered, you understand others who suffer the same way, with the same struggle. Go service others that suffer like you. This is your gift to the Lord. Keep the faith.Know the Lord's peace. As far as heaven, you will get there is due time, but you still important work to do.

God Bless,

John

--hide--

Although I agree with John, God is giving you a choice. And being that your soul is your most prized possession, who would want to risk the possibility of losing it later.
Apr 9th 2013 new

Dear Marge,

From your words, you may suffering from depression. If so, please seek help. When you suffer under depreesion, you can not connect with the Father or the Lord. Please seek help. There are angels out there willing to help, if you can find them. So don't stop looking. You can rediscover life again. Prayer and faith may have nothing to do with your situation. Please seek help. You, one of God's beloved children, may. need help.

God Bless you Marge,

John

Apr 9th 2013 new

Heaven is definitely my goal, however...while my parents are alive, I want to be able to help out and care for them. While my children are so young, I want to be able to give them my love and try to keep them on the right path. Once those two things have passed, I'm ready to go...or at least that's what I'm saying now. I'm sure I'll think of another reason then. I'm being selfish, cake and all.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: No it does nto work that way. We are here to WORK OUT our salvation in fear and tremblin...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

No it does nto work that way. We are here to WORK OUT our salvation in fear and trembling. St Paul said all of this. Why is He a saint? Pray for Faith, Hope and Charity, Pray to understand and to even care to understand.

--hide--

I think that's why we have children...prayer, fear, and trembling! heart

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Emma-959340 said: I think that's why we have children...prayer, fear, and trembling!
(Quote) Emma-959340 said:

I think that's why we have children...prayer, fear, and trembling!

--hide--

Or in my case a 4 legged child!!

Apr 10th 2013 new

If God gave me the choice, I would believe He was testing me, and my answer would be no. I am a mother and willingly abandoning my child just to reach heaven early surely must be a mortal sin.

Although I really hope He would let me know I made the right choice. Couldn't imagine going through life thinking I missed my one and only chance! lol

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: If God gave me the choice, I would believe He was testing me, and my answer would be no. I am ...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

If God gave me the choice, I would believe He was testing me, and my answer would be no. I am a mother and willingly abandoning my child just to reach heaven early surely must be a mortal sin.

--hide--

But God tested Abraham, and because Abraham had complete trust in the Lord and was willing sacrafice is ONLY son, his son was saved. I would say that presuming to know what God wanted would be a much bigger sin!

Apr 10th 2013 new

Michelle and Peter:

The question is sets my head to spinning when I try to think it over, yet the answer seems like it should be so easy!

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

I would choose to live out the rest of my life. I would agree that Heaven is our goal, but it doesn't necessarily mean I have to go right here and now. Life is a gift and God gave it to us for a reason. I'd want to keep living to fulfill that reason. I see it this way, live everyday like it's your last, which means you're prepared to go at any moment. I think we welcome death with open arms, but keep fighting here on earth in the mean time. As the cheesy saying goes, "the past is history and tomorrow is a mystery, but today is gift and that's why they call it the present". Live life to the fullest, it's what we're called to do.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: If God appeared to you and gave you a choice ....
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: If God appeared to you and gave you a choice ....
--hide--

This is a tricky question, and I'm honestly torn between both options:

On one hand, I love my life in this world, it hasn't been perfect but it truely has been wonderful and I'm living the life of my dreams cloudnine - thanks to God and lots of hardwork. However, in as much as I would want to choose to continue life here, this option would be like telling God: "Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first take care of.."

On the other hand, heaven is the absolute dream so abandoning the rest of my life here on earth for a direct ticket to heaven is definitely a worthwhile sacrifice. But, considering all my family and loved ones who'll be devastated over my "death" tombstone if I leave this world at such a young and fruitful age, I have to think twice about this choice as it'd make some other people miserable.

So, after much deliberation, my best response to this would be: "Lord, let thy will be done". Praying Dove

Posts 91 - 100 of 117