Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 9th 2013 new
Very wise, Gary!
Apr 9th 2013 new
From my highly scientific poll of 5 married brothers and a pile of male friends, yes, a man will pursue. He may need some encouragement to continue. If he doesn't, he's not sufficiently interested.

Man up, gentlemen! CowGirl
Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: In teresting thought. But it also depends on who the matchmaker is. I would not want it...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

In teresting thought. But it also depends on who the matchmaker is. I would not want it to be my dad, or my sibs.

--hide--

I think if you look through the annals of history it was usually an unrelated woman who had a keen eye for social status, values, etc. Although Yenta does seem a little...uh...inconclusive somehow. weeping

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I know this might get me in trouble, but things would be so much easier if we had just kept the ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I know this might get me in trouble, but things would be so much easier if we had just kept the wisdom of our ancestors and had a matchmaker. You get hitched before you know too much about each other and then you get to know each other while making it work. their marriages last for one thing.

--hide--

Oh.. NO, Naomi.. please don't get back to the old times. arranged marriage is not always the best choice. Sometimes, it discourages you to love the marriage itself. The freedom of choosing our own partner is always an advantage. You can either stay or leave with the one who you don't like. There are so many singles out there. Maybe, we have'nt found the right one.. or we need to consider other alternatives (checking the vocational book )..hehe

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: hi Jarrod, I hadn't thought about liking a profile pic. I have sent some emo...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

hi Jarrod,

I hadn't thought about liking a profile pic. I have sent some emotigrams and gotten a few. I think I can still hear my father's voice in my head that good girls do not contact men, it was also my best friend's in high school philosophy, man's place to call and if he didn't then he wasn't interested or in her opinion worth the time, lol. Of course she never married, so who knows. :-)) I will try the like thing though. Lauren

--hide--

Lauren , I agree 100 %

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: No, you're absolutely dead on. People are like saplings that if planted together, wil...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

No, you're absolutely dead on. People are like saplings that if planted together, will grow into intertwining trees. If you grow separately, though, it can be hard to find someone that just so happens to fit you since you didn't grow to fit together. (Exceptions definitely exist! Not everyone does this with age, but some people begin to put their independence first.) If you grow WITH someone then s/he is an inseperable part of your identity as an adult. How could you ever think of leaving? It's unthinkable.

Like it or not, God made our biology and psychology. We are made to leave our parents during the so-called teenage years and eke a living on our own. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as building a hut and then farming/hunting. There's really no unclaimed land left to simply claim. So what do we do? We undergo an extended childhood with schooling up through the twenties. Absolutely not natural. Education is wonderful, but this whole setup has its drawbacks.

Much like how the light bulb is a great thing, but if you didn't have one of those, you'd never have insomnia. All our "advances" and "progress" are really give and take rather than a universal step "up". I'm glad you're the one who said it first, though. It always feels like a taboo thing to say.

Most of the dysfunction in teens can be explained as the natural instincts of adults being repressed, in my amateur opinion. Why would God make us inherently dysfunctional? He didn't. Our society has just gotten confused. How do we reconcile modern advances to ancient sensibilities? I have no idea. Lord, grant us wisdom.

--hide--

I couldn't have said it better, Bow clap the bit about people getting together young and growing through life together. There's a lovely Irish song about the bramble and rose that grow intertwined over the graves of two lovers, and it then meditates on the way that love grows like that. We have built for ourselves in this age directly following the Industrial revolution a natural process which by it's very nature is unnatural. If things were simpler...alas. boggled

That being said, I really would hope that if I marry my husband would have thought me worth pursueing. gardener

Apr 9th 2013 new

Hi Stacey,

Not me. I'm a big believer in chemistry, and if exists, there isn't a reason to "pursue." If one has to pursue, there is either little chemistry, or one or both of the participants are receiving more value from pursuing or being pursued. It doesn't sound very romantic to me, but rather, unnatural.

biggrin biggrin

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Gene-529847 said: Hi Stacey,Not me. I'm a big believer in chemistry, and if exists, there isn't a reason to "...
(Quote) Gene-529847 said:

Hi Stacey,

Not me. I'm a big believer in chemistry, and if exists, there isn't a reason to "pursue." If one has to pursue, there is either little chemistry, or one or both of the participants are receiving more value from pursuing or being pursued. It doesn't sound very romantic to me, but rather, unnatural.

--hide--

Hi Gene,

Exactly. I for one won't chase a woman unless I inadvertently said something to offend her or something. That also goes for a woman as well. She shouldn't be chasing a man either.
Apr 9th 2013 new

I feel it depends on the guy. Men that are confidant with pursue, but those that are shy may need a little nudge. I don't see anything wrong with a lady sending a man a little signal that she is interested and I don't just mean view his profile. That isn't a real tell that you are interested. I have viewed many a profile on CM & other dating sites and after reading the man's profile I may not be interested.

Ladies, of course we should be pursued, but the way CM is set up, your profile is not being splashed front page on every guys hime page.
CM did not create the emotigrams just for the men. If there is a man's profile you like, send a hello. It may be the only time he sees your profile.
There is nothing wrong with that and will tell him you are interested (though, of course, it doesn't mean he will be) but at least you put yourself out there.

The way I see it is joining a dating site and then sitting back & not contacting someone who's profile you like is like sitting at home on your couch waiting for your Prince to ring your doorbell. God has given us free will and will send us nudges to help us out, but he still needs us to be proactive.

Just my opinion biggrin

Apr 9th 2013 new
It's like when there's physical attraction and both people like each others profiles but one makes age an issue. Age is merely just a number people provided you both are on the same page mentally for the most part and share the same Catholic beliefs. Everyone is going to have differences regardless of age. Again, that's just me.
Posts 101 - 110 of 123