Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:
--hide--

The Pursuit game rules have changed, by hard nosed ultra feminist groups pounding the drum in advertising displaying men as incompetent fools and being portrayed in non flattering ways. A lot of men have been wounded by this brigade and you may have to revise tactics. It is probably why dating via the Internet has caught on. The degree of embarassment is reduced by not being face to face. Men are reluctant to pursue too hard afraid of being labeled as a sleaze or predator. Men have been given many mixed messages via media across the board. Damage has been done and needs to be factored in to the equation. The nicer the guy, the greater reluctance, because of the secular stereo types that have been associated with men being portrayed in media generally as disposable weaklings.

04/06/2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: I think it's mostly true. But there a few painfully shy guys out there who might not- or so I'...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

I think it's mostly true. But there a few painfully shy guys out there who might not- or so I've heard.
--hide--

Us shy guts might have a hard time with trying to chase/ Sometimes we misread the ladies who play "hard to get", and mistake it for "I'm not interested", "you're not my type", or "go away".
04/06/2013 new

Just how to appropriatly proceed seems to be the question. Having lived single in both a traditional conservative community and progressive urban areas, I now see the purpose fixed gender norms have in simplifying the dating game. I'll never forget the first time I tried opening a door for a woman on campus.

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-733420 said: Just wondering. Because I'm still making myself open to be pursued and nothing is happening....

Just wondering. Because I'm still making myself open to be pursued and nothing is happening.

--hide--

I am a "Shy" guy....I been shoot many many time..... I like the wome a make small move...(My only real "girlfriend" ask me out 6 yeay ago, it lated 6 months)....

try adding some photos(like Gary said). I need add some more photos.

take the temperament test.

Created a personal interview, with fun eye catching 1st questions.

04/07/2013 new

I think you've just proved my point that the OP's point is untrue. eyepopping

04/07/2013 new

Man up and git 'er done. cowboy

04/07/2013 new

Yes the only time I was not interstead was when someone close to me like my family died or is really ill

04/07/2013 new

I agree Brother

04/07/2013 new

do not disappoint. I live in despair too at time, but God had a plan for us that is way far and better than what we can come up with. Have faith in HIS love for us. You will find your true love. Wish you the best life has to offer.

04/07/2013 new

Guys will pursue, but many need an "incentive" to keep going. That incentive is simply that the women respond to the pursuit rather than hide or run. I've sent out messages to women I've been interested in. Some have returned them, so I try to continue the conversation. Then it hits a point where they stop responding without saying anything.

At that point, the guy is going to give up and move on. A woman who is non-responsive is not worth the effort unless you know she's the one God has for you.

Posts 31 - 40 of 123