Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 8th 2013 new

Yes, I make it very obvious to a woman that I am interested if I am. . . . if I get too much of a rebuff, or a "hard-to-get," for more than a day or so, though, I give up. There are a lot of young women, now, it appears, that are less than honest and ethical, and I've been kept at bay for "better offers," to open up before, and I know all about it (in a small town, its pretty obvious when a girl told you she didn't know her schedule for the next evening and says she will get back to you then walks into the restaurant with a young buck. . . . )

I don't like games, or hard to get, etc. It is ONE thing to keep a man at a distance (pretending not to understand if he suggests a more serious relationship while the woman is happy just getting acquainted) but within her circle of intimates, while she makes up her mind. But playing guys off against each other, or testing his interest? This isn't college, ladies. I'm not a puppet. Most men aren't. Respect us, and we will respect you. I will pursue, but in one case, I e-mailed a young lady who had e-mailed with me previously who had recently re-joined. She read my message, but only after I sent an emote. After that, nothing was happening, so I have sent one more, three weeks later, wishing happy Easter and stating I will take the hint if she doesn't contact me this time. . . . she hasn't logged in since, so I haven't the foggiest.

I'm not becoming a stalker or creeper.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: ,I think some people become pickier with age,
(Quote) Gary-936836 said: ,I think some people become pickier with age,
--hide--

I don't think it's a matter of becoming pickier -- in many cases an older person has learned from experience what works and what doesn't.

OTOH, older folks have also learned what matters (sobriety and a generous nature, for exampl) and what does not (height and eye color).

Apr 8th 2013 new

Ok, I've GOT to start attending Mass in your parish! smile

Apr 8th 2013 new
Yes but within reason. If the woman shows little effort because she's playing games or whatever, then that's it for me. I find another one and hopefully she doesn't drag her feet on getting to know a guy. AND, I'll only do coffee for first meets and ever thereafter for a time or two to make sure she's not a flake. I've been burned too many times by that sort of thing and in the end I'm out over a hundred bucks on dinner etc.. Actually, next dinner date I do have I'm suggesting that we spilt the bill and I'm not kidding about that.
Apr 8th 2013 new
Exactly Lynn. You know what I like? When a woman whom you're emailing with just takes her sweet time to get back to you. I'm talking days and days here. Unless she's a government agent or an on-call nurse or doctor working double shifts then there should be some sort of "wanting" to check her inbox and get back to you. I assume it's safe to say that most of us have smart phones with the CM app? So what's the problem? I'll tell you. Pure lack of motivation or playing games.
Apr 8th 2013 new

Absolutely heart He will pursue her until she' his

Apr 8th 2013 new

ahha, you're funny Joyce!!!!

Apr 8th 2013 new
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Ese-944175 said: Absolutely He will pursue her until she' his
(Quote) Ese-944175 said:

Absolutely He will pursue her until she' his

--hide--

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Lol
Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Nice to see the reponses! I know this has probably been asked before in the forums, but do...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Nice to see the reponses!

I know this has probably been asked before in the forums, but does it cause a man's interest to shrivel up and die if a woman initiates messages? I've noticed that if I send a emote or message to start, I may get a response, but it is terse...breif...uninterested.

--hide--

I can't speak for other men. I would not become disinterested by a woman initiating a message. I am very shy and it is hard for me to initiate conversations. I would reply and be honest about my own interest and why I am or am not interested.

Posts 81 - 90 of 123