Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Bittersweet weddings

04/07/2013 new

Maybe it's just me but weddings keep getting more and more BITTERsweet. I went to the marriage of one of the most perfect couples I have met tonight. But being there alone and watching them and most of their MARRIED friends so happy and in love just hurts. I am more than excited for them but I just sit and hope to find what they have sooner than later.

04/07/2013 new
Hi Marianne, it's not just you. I recently felt that way when a co-worker (I think of him as a friend as well) proposed to his girlfriend. Everyone was cheering for him and I'm so glad for him, because he really has found his other half in every way. And even though I am cheering for him too, apart of me prays that one day I'll be that lucky because its been many years of not having that special someone to share a life with. I hope you find that someone who will give you that completely sweet wedding (without the bitterness :) ) since you seem like a pretty great person. -Jenn
04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-937500 said: Maybe it's just me but weddings keep getting more and more BITTERsweet. I went to the marriage of one o...
(Quote) Marianne-937500 said:

Maybe it's just me but weddings keep getting more and more BITTERsweet. I went to the marriage of one of the most perfect couples I have met tonight. But being there alone and watching them and most of their MARRIED friends so happy and in love just hurts. I am more than excited for them but I just sit and hope to find what they have sooner than later.

--hide--

Sorry to say but it doesn't get easier. I was just relieved when the last my my cousins (I have a very large family)got married last year. I thought, whew- no more torturous weddings. But guess what? Now the CHILDREN of all my dozens of cousins are starting to get married and having children. Now it's even worse.

boggled ashamed sad weeping
04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-937500 said: Maybe it's just me but weddings keep getting more and more BITTERsweet. I went to the marr...

--hide--

Marianne,

Welcome to the forums (or is it fora?). I also attended a wedding yesterday (my cousin) and I can empathize with your plight. My advice is to pray hard and don't give up hope. The best part of it was that my cousin found her new husband on CatholicMatch.

God Bless.

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-937500 said: Maybe it's just me but weddings keep getting more and more BITTERsweet. I went to the marr...

--hide--

Marianne hug at your age it is bittersweet. At my age I have seen the "perfect" couples were not as perfect as I thought they may have been on their wedding day due to various reasons. Remember in a moment, life changes when you meet that special someone. No one knows when that will be only God, as long we keep open to Him. In the meantime, continue to give of yourself and all the love you have to people that are less fortunate. If your gift is children, then help a divorced or widowed or less fortunate couple that can't always afford a babysitter and do things with the kids. I have found through the years that children fill our live with a joy and love that helps those aches subside. The one advantage is you get to give them back at the end of the day when they are starting to act bratty wink Go to a nursing home and sit with someone and read or take them out to park, a lunch and you will find another joy and love you do not know. Yes it is painful at times being alone and not having that special someone no matter what age you are at but we have choices and those choices not only fills another's life with joy and love but let's them see a face of God through you that they didn't see before.

In the meantime, take that bittersweet feeling, go before the Blessed Sacrament and offer it to the Lord who loves you more than any man could. Alllow Him to touch you and fill those holes that are there because you do not have that special someone and after that bring that joy and love to someone else less fortunate so that they can experience His love and goodness. hug theheart

Remember these bittersweet moments when you do meet someone and use them to enhance your relationship from what you learned during these times. Also remember then when someone will be in your shoes, after you have found the one, encouragement from your moments when he wasn't there.

No moment of life is lost in the eyes and mind and heart of God. Blinded by love

04/07/2013 new

--hide--

One of my friends just posted this article on Facebook: www.desiringgod.org Normally I find articles about singleness annoying, but this one is good! :)

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: One of my friends just posted this article on Facebook: www.desiringgod.org.
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

One of my friends just posted this article on Facebook: www.desiringgod.org Normally I find articles about singleness annoying, but this one is good! :)

--hide--

That is a good article, especially for the younger folks.

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said: One of my friends just posted this article on Facebook: http://www.desi...
(Quote) Bridgette-868284 said:

--hide--

Thank you for sharing this article Bridgette! theheart

Posts 1 - 8 of 8