Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Sacramento Event anyone???

Apr 7th 2013 new

Sacramento ideas anyone? I'm willing to spearhead a get-together for our area, but want to work as a team to plan it. One idea I saw was some kind of event or festival, followed by Saturday Mass and dinner after. Other ideas? Willing team members? Parishes suggested? Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Apr 13th 2013 new

Hi Caroline - I'm form the Sacramento area. A meet up will be fun - maybe in the Cathedral because it's downtown so there are restaurants within walking distance I think, and maybe have dinner or lunch after a noon day mass?

Apr 14th 2013 new

Excellent - I was just at the Cathedral for 12:10 mass last Tuesday. Love that holy house! Not sure what Saturday mass is like, but I know the music director there and can ask him about it. I work during the week, but I just happened to take that day off to make an airport run. I would guess that a weekend mass might be preferred by most, but not sure.

Being recently annulled, I'm brand new to the "going out" scene. I don't really know what's out there in the Sac region but my skills are in organizing people and events. Got any specific events or locations/restaurants in mind? Glad to hear from you!

Apr 14th 2013 new

Hello Caroline I clicked on your profile by accident :D Blessed Easter to you.

I was at the Cathedral Mass last week for Divine Mercy - it was great. Bishop Sotto was there. Anyway, their Saturday Vigil Mass at the Cathedral is at 5pm. Maybe we can meet up for Vigil Mass, like you suggested and have dinner and whatever afterwards?

Let me know what you think of this, wonder if there is a way to "round up" the Sacramento people. I mean - would it be weird if we do a "search" for CM Sacramento members then send messages out to all about the Mixer/Meet Up event? Ask them to respond yes/no so that we can have a headcount? Is that even allowed in here?

Better yet, it will be great if CM will host a "Mixer" kind of like another dating site is doing.

Have a nice Sunday!

Apr 15th 2013 new

Wow great minds think alike - I was thinking about searching all the Sacramento people too, but only have my search set for men. LOL. I will write to the helpdesk about that and see if it's okay and appropriate.

More later!

Apr 15th 2013 new

I also live in Folsom and I would help, what age range are you shooting for because I am 59 and holding, your ideas seem good.

Apr 15th 2013 new

Hey neighbor! I was thinking maybe the 35 and up range; targeting mostly divorced/annulled/widowed/those with kids types. (self-interest, to be honest) But I guess we could just leave that wide open and see what happens - as long as what's planned is appealing to all, like mass and dinner with possible discussion of forming a group. I also contacted the diocesan office of Evangelization and Catechesis, to see if they already have pocket groups in the metro area that we could piggy-back on their efforts.

What say the people of God, eh?

Apr 15th 2013 new

My Parish is doing the Marian Procession in the capital in May. Might be a good event to do something afterwards. bringmary.com

Apr 16th 2013 new

Hello Caroline, Maryann and John wave

I work in Folsom btw - so I'm there pretty much ther everyday. I go to St. John's parish sometimes too.

When in May is this procession, John?

Caroline - laughing well we can "take turns" rounding up - you take the men and I take the women - what do you think? :D Anyway, let us know please what the helpdesk says about it. As for the dates, fyi - I will be in Chicago for 1 week in mid May. But I don't want to hold everyone back either if the meet up date happens to fall on the date I'm not in town then I hope to make it in the next one :D.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hello Caroline, Maryann and John I work in Folsom btw - so I'm there pretty much t...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Hello Caroline, Maryann and John

I work in Folsom btw - so I'm there pretty much ther everyday. I go to St. John's parish sometimes too.

When in May is this procession, John?

Caroline - well we can "take turns" rounding up - you take the men and I take the women - what do you think? :D Anyway, let us know please what the helpdesk says about it. As for the dates, fyi - I will be in Chicago for 1 week in mid May. But I don't want to hold everyone back either if the meet up date happens to fall on the date I'm not in town then I hope to make it in the next one :D.

--hide--

Saturday May 4th, it is in the link ;)

Posts 1 - 10 of 18