Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 16th 2013 new

Okay, I created a help ticket. should hear back in 1-2 days about the appropriateness of targeting our area through direct searches and contacts in addition to posting the event on the meet-ups forum, etc. also asked about targeting specific age ranges. If you get time check out the archive of events - there's everything from trips and weekender things to just dinner and concert 1-evening deals. My gut says to start simple with a one=evening thing or mass and dinner or something no longer than a 1/2 day. Any thoughts on John's idea for the Marian procession?

What say the people of God?

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Okay, I created a help ticket. should hear back in 1-2 days about the appropriateness of targe...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

Okay, I created a help ticket. should hear back in 1-2 days about the appropriateness of targeting our area through direct searches and contacts in addition to posting the event on the meet-ups forum, etc. also asked about targeting specific age ranges. If you get time check out the archive of events - there's everything from trips and weekender things to just dinner and concert 1-evening deals. My gut says to start simple with a one=evening thing or mass and dinner or something no longer than a 1/2 day. Any thoughts on John's idea for the Marian procession?

What say the people of God?

--hide--

Hello Caroline wave I agree, let's start with a simple plan. John (sorry I missed the link the first time) suggested the Sacramento Marian Procession on May 4rth. Here is the schedule copy and pasted from the link :

7:30 a.m. Arrive – East Lawn Cemetery, 4300 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento
8:00 a.m. Sharp – Procession leaves on 3-mile pilgrimage
10:30 a.m. Solemn Mass & May Crowning at the Cathedral

With this schedule maybe we can have lunch somewhere after the procession? It will be in downtown too. 7:30am on a Saturday -whew that's going to be hard hehehe.

Would like to hear your feeback or any other suggestions. Thank you. Happy Easter everyone!

Apr 17th 2013 new

wave Hi Valley People!! I'm about two hours away, and may be able to join you for part of the day. (I have a niece living in Roseville, so don't know her schedule to see if I could stay over Fridaynight for that 7:30am start...)

I'd be up for Mass and lunch, at minimum, and it doesn't matter to me what the age range of the group will be--we can all enjoy one another's company and faith!

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: I created a help ticket. should hear back in 1-2 days about...

I created a help ticket. should hear back in 1-2 days about...

--hide--

I heard back - sounds like contacting people individually is not the way to go, BUT, CM hqtrs cand do an email blast for us, for everyone within an "X" mile radius of Sacramento. Woo Hoo!

More later...

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: I heard back - sounds like contacting people individually is not the way to go, BUT, ...

I heard back - sounds like contacting people individually is not the way to go, BUT, CM hqtrs cand do an email blast for us, for everyone within an "X" mile radius of Sacramento. Woo Hoo!

More later...

--hide--

Hello Everyone wave

That's awesome Caroline

Apr 18th 2013 new

Okay, so here's a prime example of where I am reminded ONCE AGAIN that children were meant to be raised by two parents who stay married. I am not able to assist with organizing/attending this Sacramento event idea for the morning of Saturday May 4 - because I have the kids that morning. NEXT WEEKEND, April 27-28 is wide open, but a little soon to do something else unless it's just mass and dinner or something. the following weekend I have out-of-town company for First Communion in my family.

I would still like to be in the loop, but won't be participating if you guys go ahead with the Marian procession idea.

Incidentally, anyone want to do Saturday evening mass and dinner after on April 27? Or Sunday morning mass and brunch/lunch after on April 28?

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Okay, so here's a prime example of where I am reminded ONCE AGAIN that children were meant...

Okay, so here's a prime example of where I am reminded ONCE AGAIN that children were meant to be raised by two parents who stay married. I am not able to assist with organizing/attending this Sacramento event idea for the morning of Saturday May 4 - because I have the kids that morning. NEXT WEEKEND, April 27-28 is wide open, but a little soon to do something else unless it's just mass and dinner or something. the following weekend I have out-of-town company for First Communion in my family.

I would still like to be in the loop, but won't be participating if you guys go ahead with the Marian procession idea.

Incidentally, anyone want to do Saturday evening mass and dinner after on April 27? Or Sunday morning mass and brunch/lunch after on April 28?

--hide--

That's a good idea Caroline. I won't be able to join in the fun on that weekend though but I hope it pushes through.

You know, I was also thinking about the May 4rth 1 - how does one get back to first location from the Cathedral - I kind of don't want to walk all the way back again :D.

Anyway so far - Proposed dates April 27th - evening, April 28th - midday, May 4rth half day am-noon.

Any more ideas? Suggestions? I think it'll be great to zoom in on a date. And also, what if we just do a lunch , like on a Saturday or something.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Hello Sacramento people wave when we can do this event? :)

Posts 11 - 18 of 18