Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/07/2013 new

Foul language, disliking children, arogance, complacency in the practice of the Faith, disrespect, and extreme laziness.

04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Eric-959468 said: Bad teeth and I agree with the bad grammar, although I'm willing to concede some leeway for dialect and slang s...
(Quote) Eric-959468 said: Bad teeth and I agree with the bad grammar, although I'm willing to concede some leeway for dialect and slang specific to the region they're from. I know teeth can be fixed, but past experience has shown me that mature adults with no dental hygiene lack a certain degree of self-respect or drive to improve themselves.
--hide--

I do agree that bad teeth do look terrible! But, then I wonder if the person can afford the costs for dental work. Many can't pay 25,000.00 for dental care. Something to consider.

biggrin
04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If they are: --Not Catholic. --Have had a previous marriage. --Already...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If they are:

--Not Catholic.

--Have had a previous marriage.

--Already have kids.

Those are my dealbreakers.

--hide--

I know you won the Miss America Title in 2011!!!!
04/07/2013 new
(Quote) Dave-146273 said: If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No! ... and Welcome to Both of you to the CM Forums. ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No! ... and Welcome to Both of you to the CM Forums.

--hide--

laughing rolling eyes laughing
04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No! ... and Welcome to Both of you to the CM Foru...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No! ... and Welcome to Both of you to the CM Forums.

--hide--
Yup, Dave -- that'll do it every time.... laughing

04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I do agree that bad teeth do look terrible! But, then I wonder if the person can afford the cost...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I do agree that bad teeth do look terrible! But, then I wonder if the person can afford the costs for dental work. Many can't pay 25,000.00 for dental care. Something to consider.

--hide--
This is one of the first ideas that came to mind. If that's the case, there are some areas that have a college for dentists nearby. Their students (under supervision, of course) do dental work at a fraction of the cost, along with some charity work, for low income residents. Not every area is fortunate enough to have a dental college close by though.

Some people haven't been properly educated in dental hygiene, which can result in problems. This, at least, is an easier problem to solve.

04/07/2013 new
All good answers!

I definitely don't like it when a guy doesn't reply "yes" to all the teachings. I understand if he's saying he doesn't follow the teaching on pre-marital sex. But, to say he doesn't even agree with the teaching...? That's basically saying you don't agree with the 6th commandment.
04/07/2013 new

First and foremost is a lack of agreement on matters of Faith. Next would be drugs (although I hope no one here would be using), smoking, and heavy drinking. I think those are my only dealbreakers, although as I read others, I might think of more. The other stuff would just be dislikes; I try to be open-minded and negotiable.

04/07/2013 new
Wow are you guys ready? If she's selfish, still stays in contact with an ex, into the bar scene, arrogant, rude to others, doesn't answer "yes" to all faith and doctrine questions, doesn't clean her bathroom, has consistent bad breath, isn't a person of her word, shows little or no effort in getting to know me, has wandering eyes, doesn't watch or like TV or movies, has had any past addictions, doesn't like dogs, doesn't give me the common courtesy to at least text me when she's running late for a date that I'm obviously paying for, or if she's against texting all together. It was invented for a reason. It's also a great way to say that you're thinking of them at work or converse a little at the end of a long tiring day.
04/07/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Foul language, disliking children, arogance, complacency in the practice of the Faith, disrespect...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Foul language, disliking children, arogance, complacency in the practice of the Faith, disrespect, and extreme laziness.

--hide--
Yes, Naomi -- the little things certainly count.....

On a serious note, it's even worse when what you mentioned describes a woman.

Posts 11 - 20 of 126