Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 8th 2013 new

To all the guys:

Just curious--
How do you feel about women with tattoos--a lot of visible ones? Or even just 1 or 2 visible ones? What is the turn-off point for you?

I know it's trendy now for younger women to sport tattoos, but how do you older guys feel about older women with that ever-popular tattoo on the ankle? When I say "older" I mean, oh, perhaps over 50.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No!
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

If I ask a Girl to go out on a Date and She says No!

--hide--

Dave, not like it's a contest, but I can one-up you on that one. When a girl says "I can't think of a reason why I'd want to" after I ask her on a date, AND she was the one that hinted that an invitation would be nice! laughing wide eyed

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If they are: --Have had a previous marriage.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If they are:

--Have had a previous marriage.

--hide--

I could understand if you said they were not free to marry in the Church, but if they're free to marry what's wrong with a previus marriage. In some cases the marriage ended through no fault of their own, and it could be a sign that they ARE capable of a long term relationship. Just curious.

Apr 8th 2013 new

I don't really like pets but I have to have leeway because there are very few non-pet lovers on here :)

One absolute deal breaker is saying no to any of the church teachings- there are plenty of women who follow them so I don't have to worry.

I agree with most of the other comments too.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: To all the guys: Just curious--How do you feel about women with tattoos--a lot of visi...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

To all the guys:

Just curious--
How do you feel about women with tattoos--a lot of visible ones? Or even just 1 or 2 visible ones? What is the turn-off point for you?

I know it's trendy now for younger women to sport tattoos, but how do you older guys feel about older women with that ever-popular tattoo on the ankle? When I say "older" I mean, oh, perhaps over 50.

--hide--

I'm a young guy and I'm not a fan of tatoos, but maybe I'll let 1 or 2 slide.

Apr 8th 2013 new
I see you on that.....I'll say hello to a lot of them ......and no hello back sad.
Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: I could understand if you said they were not free to marry in the Church...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

I could understand if you said they were not free to marry in the Church...

--hide--

I just can't deal with it personally.

I can't compete with a former ex, or a deceased spouse.

And I can't live with the fact that I waited for them, and they didn't wait for me. They married someone else first, so that means to me that they are not the one for me.

It's just not in my emotional makeup to handle it.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: (Quote) Peter-793888 said: I could understand if you said they were not fr...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Quote:
Peter-793888 said:

I could understand if you said they were not free to marry in the Church...

I just can't deal with it personally.

I can't compete with a former ex, or a deceased spouse.

And I can't live with the fact that I waited for them, and they didn't wait for me. They married someone else first, so that means to me that they are not the one for me.

It's just not in my emotional makeup to handle it.

--hide--
Are there even any true believing Catholic Men that have never been married by 54 years old though?

Apr 8th 2013 new

Yes, I have met many.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: To all the guys: Just curious--How do you feel about women with tattoos--a lot of visi...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

To all the guys:

Just curious--

--hide--
As far as tattoos goes it depends entirely on the placement, motif and if it has been properly maintained or not. I my opinion a full back piece can be as wonderful as a small thing on the ankle can be hideous.

Posts 41 - 50 of 126