Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--

Yes This type of thing is all over the internet. Social media and internet venues are being used to force the agenda.

Apr 7th 2013 new

I'm so sorry for this....I know the feeling. I've been unfriended for all of the conservative posts that I made (particularly during the election last year.) It's so hard and it hurts so badly, but unfortunately, this is just another form of persecution that we're called to endure. It's so sad. Liberals say that we're intolerant, but they're the first ones to delete us out of their lives or tune us out when we don't agree with them, and they're also the first to push their agendas in our faces...It's called "do unto others what you want done to you."

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...

--hide--

Sorry to hear you're upset, but on FB people can un-friend someone without the consequences of real life. True friends can disagree and remain friends. Since the posts upset you, you can "Unfollow" someone. This doesn't break your connection, but their posts won't appear on your feed.

Apr 7th 2013 new
I'm not upset. He is upset.
Apr 7th 2013 new

Stand strong; this is just the beginning of persecution of Catholics and other Christians in our society. hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

--hide--
You stood your ground and took the high road with your continued comments. To be "unfriended" might be a favor to you. They are apparently of a one-track mind and your efforts (and probably those of others) haven't swayed them at all.

Last resort: prayer that they will come to realize the detriment to society (and morality) their stand will bring. If you use other social media venues, you can continue to promote your position elsewhere. Someone might eventually listen and wake-up.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-954301 said: Sorry to hear you're upset, but on FB people can un-friend someone with...
(Quote) Nancy-954301 said:

Sorry to hear you're upset, but on FB people can un-friend someone without the consequences of real life. True friends can disagree and remain friends. Since the posts upset you, you can "Unfollow" someone. This doesn't break your connection, but their posts won't appear on your feed.

--hide--
Greetings, Nancy. Your comments are helpful and appreciated.

We'd like to take a little time out to say "Welcome" to the CM forums. Being a newer member, you'll find a lot of topics -- hopefully some of which are of interest to the point where you will actively participate. It's a good way to get acquainted with other CM members; in turn, they can get to know you.

(A little PS -- always glad to welcome another cheesehead.) wink hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Greetings, Nancy. Your comments are helpful and appreciated. We'd like to take a little ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Greetings, Nancy. Your comments are helpful and appreciated.

We'd like to take a little time out to say "Welcome" to the CM forums. Being a newer member, you'll find a lot of topics -- hopefully some of which are of interest to the point where you will actively participate. It's a good way to get acquainted with other CM members; in turn, they can get to know you.

(A little PS -- always glad to welcome another cheesehead.)

--hide--

Don't pay any attention to Ray, Nancy. We do NOT want any more packers fans on this site!! wink

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: I'm so sorry for this....I know the feeling. I've been unfriended for all of the conser...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

I'm so sorry for this....I know the feeling. I've been unfriended for all of the conservative posts that I made (particularly during the election last year.) It's so hard and it hurts so badly, but unfortunately, this is just another form of persecution that we're called to endure. It's so sad. Liberals say that we're intolerant, but they're the first ones to delete us out of their lives or tune us out when we don't agree with them, and they're also the first to push their agendas in our faces...It's called "do unto others what you want done to you."

--hide--

Agreed. When Obama first got inaugurated, I posted something like, "Thanks for using my tax dollars for abortions" and I was defriended by 2 former grad school classmates. Then, I ended up having to be roommates with one of them for a conference! I was like, "Oh hey, just checking Facebook. How are you?" when she came in the door. laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 54