Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 7th 2013 new
We the way I look at it .....it was not a friend of yours.....go on with your life,you don't need negative people around you.
Apr 8th 2013 new

If anyone 'unfriends' you for that...my goodness! What is the world coming to?! I have among my Facebook friends fairly orthodox catholics (such as myself, a priest who celebrates the Tridentine rite and friends from a traditional Schola I sing with) as well as people I've known for years who are openly gay. Conservative churchmen and gays seem to get on fine at a social level. The problem is with people who are continually promoting an 'aggressive liberalism' who want to dominate the civic agenda and tell everyone how they should live according to their shifting relativist values.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--
I have also been "defriended" (is that even in the dictionary?) by a good number of people on Facebook for my traditional marriage and pro-Life views- even some within my own family. I've also been dumped by "friends" for my unpopular foreign policy views which I will not go into here. We must never apologize for our moral integrity. It seems the left demands our acceptance of their moral bankruptcy, but they cannot accept us. Tolerance with an asterisk* I don't let it bother me.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--

Can i befriend you to make up for your "loss"? Kudos to you for standing up for what is right over risking friendships. My name is Patrick Coll if you'd want to friend me first.... that goes for anyone else as well.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm not upset. He is upset.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm not upset. He is upset.
--hide--
AMEN, Rachel!

Apr 8th 2013 new
Yes move on, Facebook's pathetic.
Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: Can i befriend you to make up for your "loss"? Kudos to you for standing up f...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Can i befriend you to make up for your "loss"? Kudos to you for standing up for what is right over risking friendships. My name is Patrick Coll if you'd want to friend me first.... that goes for anyone else as well.

--hide--

aw, thanks, Patrick! I tried to friend you, but your name did not show up as real when I searched! But I'm Rachel Jeffries Hogan for anyone who wants to friend me and spread understanding of Catholic doctrine, views, stances.

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to b...

--hide--

You are blessed when you are persecuted for My Name - Matthew 5:11
Apr 8th 2013 new

Never be afraid to speak up on your morals

Apr 8th 2013 new

This is just beginning, sadly. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. Still, we must stand up for what we know is right.
The irony is: we're still the best country in the world (warts and all). There's nowhere else better to go, as was the case for our whole history, when people came here to escape wars, persecutions, famine, etc., etc. When we go down - and we are going down - the world goes with us. I hate to sound doom and gloom, but actually the coming troubles will be purgative, as God is not going to allow this kind of degradation much longer, imho. Sadly, I say bring it on. The sooner this mess is cleaned up the better for us and the whole world. We have not been able to clean it up, so it will be done for us. "Pay me now, or pay me later..."

Posts 21 - 30 of 54