Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--

Perhaps he agreed with what you wrote and thought he was un-fiending you?

Seriously, though... Doesn't sound like much of a friend...

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Perhaps he agreed with what you wrote and thought he was un-fiending you? Seriousl...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Perhaps he agreed with what you wrote and thought he was un-fiending you?

Seriously, though... Doesn't sound like much of a friend...

--hide--

Agreed. Rachel, I would take the unfriending as an indirect compliment.

Apr 8th 2013 new
Just one less set of political diatribes you don't have to read. I have blocked posts from so many people that call me friend it's not funny. They know how I feel. But more importantly they know what God teaches. With that., well they have no excuse when Our Blessed Lord casts them into the depths for one of the sins that cry for out for vengeance. Be joyful you were befriended!
Apr 8th 2013 new

If you've been unfriended on facebook because of your stance on certain issues, these people were never your friends anyway. I have been unfriended in the past for unknown reasons but don't take it personally. If they have no interest in being friends on facebook, then they are probably not good candidates for friends in your daily life either.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--

Yup, I've been unfriended and actually band from seeing her posts on other family's posts by a family member on fb. It's so silly cuz we see each other at family functions. She is very liberal and would call me names etc.on there so no loss. I don't unfriend people, if I don't agree I just take them off of my newsfeed. No need to be hostile about it:)

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-872446 said: This is just beginning, sadly. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any ...
(Quote) Jim-872446 said:

This is just beginning, sadly. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. Still, we must stand up for what we know is right.
The irony is: we're still the best country in the world (warts and all). There's nowhere else better to go, as was the case for our whole history, when people came here to escape wars, persecutions, famine, etc., etc. When we go down - and we are going down - the world goes with us. I hate to sound doom and gloom, but actually the coming troubles will be purgative, as God is not going to allow this kind of degradation much longer, imho. Sadly, I say bring it on. The sooner this mess is cleaned up the better for us and the whole world. We have not been able to clean it up, so it will be done for us. "Pay me now, or pay me later..."

--hide--
Unfortunately it is definitely getting worse and I think that is partly because people do not believe God is going to judge anything as sin. I'm ok if someone defriends me too over my faith, believe me. If that is all we have to suffer when so many others in foreign countries are still martyrs, I think we're lucky. I do worry about what is going to happen to our Catholic children though with the way things are going.

Apr 9th 2013 new

I'm only aware of this happening to me once. But I usually do my commenting on the pages of friends who are expressing support for these things, so I tend to be a bit more diplomatic about it than I sometimes am here.

Apr 9th 2013 new

I used to think my week wasn't complete if someone didn't unfriend me for my anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion posts. biggrin Maybe we should turn this into a game of sorts ? wink

How about carving knotches on our door posts everytime someone 'unfriends' us for speaking up on these critical issues ?
How many knotches before we get a prize ?
And what would the prize be ?

laughing laughing laughing

Apr 9th 2013 new

We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his 'husband' ('wife'? whatever) but very intelligent and learned about many things. I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mutual friends and he asked to friend me, probably thinking I was my sister, who actually had been his friend!

This is the message he sent me to unfriend me:

Anyone who seriously believes that there is a "homosexual agenda" or believes that my right to marry is "FORCING" anyone else to do anything, has clearly not been paying attention to the world.

We were friends once, Rachel. I never imagined you would become someone who thought so little of others as to want to FORCE your religious beliefs on them by enshrining them in law.

I regret to say that we are no longer friends. I am unfriending you on Facebook and deleting all comments and posts by you on my wall. Please make no attempt to contact me.

Oh well. His loss, ha ha.

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his 'husband&...

We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his 'husband' ('wife'? whatever) but very intelligent and learned about many things. I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mutual friends and he asked to friend me, probably thinking I was my sister, who actually had been his friend!

This is the message he sent me to unfriend me:

Anyone who seriously believes that there is a "homosexual agenda" or believes that my right to marry is "FORCING" anyone else to do anything, has clearly not been paying attention to the world.

We were friends once, Rachel. I never imagined you would become someone who thought so little of others as to want to FORCE your religious beliefs on them by enshrining them in law.

I regret to say that we are no longer friends. I am unfriending you on Facebook and deleting all comments and posts by you on my wall. Please make no attempt to contact me.

Oh well. His loss, ha ha.

--hide--

Yes, his loss. : )
Posts 31 - 40 of 54