Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: ... I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mut...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

... I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mutual friends and he asked to friend me, probably thinking I was my sister, who actually had been his friend! ...

--hide--

Ah- that probably helped the process (of unfriending) along; no real connection to begin with.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I have a few friends on FB that have unfriended me over the homosexuality thing. Sadly, the triggering post shouldn't have been that offensive to a reasonable person- it had to do more or less with parents choosing to opt out of "alternative family" classes for their kindergarteners. I can't say that I was too sad when I was unfriended. Perhaps I should have been?

Apr 13th 2013 new
Take your revenge... un-friend Facebook! Keep in contact the wholesome way- call, write letters, send packages, visit, etc. Facebook doesn't manage your friends, you do! Reclaim your right to your personal social networks!

(off my soapbox)
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of ho...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

for not supporting gay marriage and daring to mention the gay agenda and that it is unfair of homosexuals to be forcing churches to performing 'marriages' for homosexuals, to force bakers to make their 'wedding cakes' and photographers to take their 'wedding pictures' etc. Oh well.

--hide--

Rachel, so sorry to hear about what happened to you and your gay "friend". That man or gay man does not fit the real meaning of a "real friend." So you can get een with him...unfriend and block him. You still have other friends on FB, right? If only one, two or a few person "unfriend" you, don't feel sad, you can replace them with better ones that conform with your belief and principles. I must say, stand firm and strong for what you believe in or what you think is right, even if you stand alone.

You can add me as your FB friend if you wish. Just send me a "friend request" or "add" me and I'll accept you.
My FB name: Lea Anders. You can also visit my FB Page titled Inspirational Motivational Religious Quotes & Pics.
See you there. God bless. theheart

Apr 14th 2013 new
Ok, it was 1983 and I just moved to Memphis. I was at a corporate dinner and during the conversation, I reported that I was from the North and Catholic! I was immediately "unfriended".... Everyone got up and moved to another table! Some things just never change.
Apr 14th 2013 new

Rachel, I have a friend who won't respond to my Facebook, LinkedIn and personal email requests to connect. She was a good friend, not superclose, but we were knitting pals, hung out in the same shop...she even set me up on a blind date with a guy that she said knew me. (He did. I recognized him. The blind date ended up being like a 15-minute dinner, he was in a hurry to attend a fundraising dinner for a mutual friend. Never heard from him again.)

Anyhow, my knitting friend, who is Jewish, moved to Canada two years ago. She wanted to keep in touch at the time. We exchanged contact info. I didn't act on connecting with for a while.

So when I tried to connect via Facebook and she didn't respond. I was puzzled. I could read some of her knitting posts. But then I recently saw a post she had written about how Canada is more supportive of gay rights, not just marriage but civil unions. Then it dawned on me: she didn't want to friend me because she knew was I was conservative, and probably not supportive of gay marriage. It's also possible that she's 'out' of the closet since she moved to Canada, and she's not able to tell me this given my background.

I might be wrong, and it's all my imagination, but I'm sorta sad that my friend will not talk to me. Another friend from high school, a conservative Catholic girls school, is ignoring my emails to get together for coffee. She's living with her girlfriend, and is openly gay. I know all of this, but I would like to be friends again. I suspect she's pro-gay-marriage and she too doesn't want to meet given her views. Sad given that we did lots together in high school, and I really looked up to her at the time.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: Ok, it was 1983 and I just moved to Memphis. I was at a corporate dinner and during the conversation, I...
(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: Ok, it was 1983 and I just moved to Memphis. I was at a corporate dinner and during the conversation, I reported that I was from the North and Catholic! I was immediately "unfriended".... Everyone got up and moved to another table! Some things just never change.
--hide--
Moments of bigotry and bias are not soon forgotten.....

You learned a lifelong lesson, Paulea.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: Ok, it was 1983 and I just moved to Memphis. I was at a corporate dinner and during the conversation, I...
(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: Ok, it was 1983 and I just moved to Memphis. I was at a corporate dinner and during the conversation, I reported that I was from the North and Catholic! I was immediately "unfriended".... Everyone got up and moved to another table! Some things just never change.
--hide--
On a separate note, we want to say, "Welcome to the CM forums." It's good for newer members to explore the site and find the features CM offers. The forums are particularly interesting because of the amount of wisdom and knowledge that is shared, along with light-hearted fun. We hope you will join in often. biggrin

Apr 14th 2013 new
You are right! I guess I was reflecting on how times have not changed. With Facebook, the "sting" is communicated in a different way. All the same... It is still there.
Apr 14th 2013 new
Oh, thank you, Ray for the "welcome"!
Posts 41 - 50 of 54