Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his 'husband' ('wife'? whatever) but very intelligent and learned about many things. I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mutual friends and he asked to friend me, probably thinking I was my sister, who actually had been his friend!

This is the message he sent me to unfriend me:

Anyone who seriously believes that there is a "homosexual agenda" or believes that my right to marry is "FORCING" anyone else to do anything, has clearly not been paying attention to the world.

We were friends once, Rachel. I never imagined you would become someone who thought so little of others as to want to FORCE your religious beliefs on them by enshrining them in law.

I regret to say that we are no longer friends. I am unfriending you on Facebook and deleting all comments and posts by you on my wall. Please make no attempt to contact me.

Oh well. His loss, ha ha.

--hide--

Wow. That 'unfriending' comment is even beyond gay. Throw some glitter on it, and...Outside of your mutual fondnesses to accessorize, it sounds like you and he did not have much in common. Peace be with you.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

We were only 'friends' on fb for a month -- he is openly homosexual and living with his 'husband' ('wife'? whatever) but very intelligent and learned about many things. I only friended him because we went to the same school a couple years apart and had many mutual friends and he asked to friend me, probably thinking I was my sister, who actually had been his friend!

This is the message he sent me to unfriend me:

Anyone who seriously believes that there is a "homosexual agenda" or believes that my right to marry is "FORCING" anyone else to do anything, has clearly not been paying attention to the world.

We were friends once, Rachel. I never imagined you would become someone who thought so little of others as to want to FORCE your religious beliefs on them by enshrining them in law.

I regret to say that we are no longer friends. I am unfriending you on Facebook and deleting all comments and posts by you on my wall. Please make no attempt to contact me.

Oh well. His loss, ha ha.

--hide--

Wow. That 'unfriending' comment is even beyond gay. Throw some glitter on it, and...Outside of your mutual fondnesses to accessorize, it sounds like you and he did not have much in common. Peace be with you.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: You are right! I guess I was reflecting on how times have not changed. With Facebook, the "sting&q...
(Quote) Paulea-962907 said: You are right! I guess I was reflecting on how times have not changed. With Facebook, the "sting" is communicated in a different way. All the same... It is still there.
--hide--
The message hasn't changed -- only the method of delivery.

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-962589 said: I can't say that I was too sad when I was unfriended. Perhaps I should have been?
(Quote) Lisa-962589 said:

I can't say that I was too sad when I was unfriended. Perhaps I should have been?

--hide--
I think it really depends on how close a friend you are to the person. I have "friends" on facebook because they know me from high-school. Would I really want to sit down and have a meal or a drink with them, in many cases no, would I care if I was unfriended by them, honestly, No. I have other friends that I would care if I was unfriended by them, but those are the friends that I would hope would understand our differences, and put it aside, or ask for clarification if what I had written didn't make sense. I guess unfriending on facebook isn't too big a deal for me because I've done it myself. There were a couple of people (that I wasn't really all that close with) who were very intolerant towards other religions and some of their comments were in very poor taste. So I pointed out that some of their comments were in poor taste, and while I (like them were Catholc) their comments did not reflect the Churches teachings that everyone is created in the image and likeness of God and worthy of human dignity. The response I got back was "they would like to spit in the face of anyone who thought those people deserved any human dignity" so I figured unfriend was a lot easier then trying to converse with them.
Posts 51 - 54 of 54