Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Hi friends,

I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low where I am losing my interest in faith and God. I believe it all intellectually, but the struggle is wearing me down. I get either opposition to my faith or isolation. I am hanging on with very little to the faith and practicing it. I have no friends or family to go to for fellowship or support and strength and the sacraments together.

Please ask the Holy Spirit to refuel my heart with faith, hope, and love like He has done with me before on occasions like this, althought this is the worst yet.

Joshua

Apr 7th 2013 new

Joshua, I am praying for you. Keep the faith. God is always with you. Pray for strength. Is there a priest you can talk to?

Is there anyone nearby from CM that can talk with Joshua!

Just asking is a step forward Joshua...we all all here for you! Jane

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request.
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request.
--hide--

Offering my Divine Mercy Prayers for you. theheart rosary Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying Praying theheart

Apr 7th 2013 new

Very sorry you're going through a bad time. Praying
I think that, sadly for us, Faith can be as much a roller coaster ride as health or love or grief. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help you carry the burden.

PS -- Plan to join us on Friday in Boston: See "Boston Meet up" in the Local Events forum.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi friends,I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low wher...
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said:

Hi friends,

I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low where I am losing my interest in faith and God. I believe it all intellectually, but the struggle is wearing me down. I get either opposition to my faith or isolation. I am hanging on with very little to the faith and practicing it. I have no friends or family to go to for fellowship or support and strength and the sacraments together.

Please ask the Holy Spirit to refuel my heart with faith, hope, and love like He has done with me before on occasions like this, althought this is the worst yet.

Joshua

--hide--

Praying rosary theheart St. Dymphna pray for us and intercede for him.

Apr 7th 2013 new
Prayed Three Hail Marys for you just now. Joshua, hang in there. You know that as Faithful Catholics we are often put to the test. We have to choose our faith. There are sometimes dark moments. I have them from time-to-time as well. But you do have the support of those on CM. Look... in just a few minutes, you have had several responses to your message. PEOPLE DO CARE. I would suggest that if you can, please find a Catholic Church where they offer Eucharistic Adoration. Go there now! You don't even have to pray. Just sit there with the Lord. Pray if you like. But go there.
Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

I will pray that you persevere and come through this trying time, Joshua. When I have doubts, I try to remember to ask: "If not you, who, Lord?" The alternatives that the world offers are all ultimately nihilistic.

Posts 1 - 10 of 76