Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 7th 2013 new

hug Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi friends,I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low wher...
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said:

Hi friends,

I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low where I am losing my interest in faith and God. I believe it all intellectually, but the struggle is wearing me down. I get either opposition to my faith or isolation. I am hanging on with very little to the faith and practicing it. I have no friends or family to go to for fellowship or support and strength and the sacraments together.

Please ask the Holy Spirit to refuel my heart with faith, hope, and love like He has done with me before on occasions like this, althought this is the worst yet.

Joshua

--hide--

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to the forums! As you can see, this is a great way to connect with the CM community. Your prayer request is certainly not a bother. I'm sure there are times when many of us feel isolated, especially when it comes to living out our faith amid the opposition of today's secular society. I have felt that way myself, even though we have a relatively strong Catholic community here; in the day to day it can be hard to connect, especially when you don't feel particularly social if you're struggling with faith. Please don't give up! Don't lose faith! In times of hardship and loneliness, that is when we have a greater opportunity to cling to God and realize our dependence on Him and the close, personal relationship He desires for us to have with Him!

I pray the Holy Spirit will strengthen and guide you and that you will feel His presence with you! I strongly encourage you to meet up with local CM members if that's possible. If it's not possible to meet in person, at least find us on here for support and strength!

God bless, Praying theheart

Linda

Apr 7th 2013 new

In John chapter 6, Peter says "Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

In Matthew chapter 9, the father of a boy about to be healed by Jesus says "Lord I believe. Help my unbelief."

In the Gospel of today (traditional Mass) Thomas didn't believe that Jesus had risen from the dead. But to his credit, he was the first to exclaim "My Lord and my God".

Don't give up the Faith, brother, there is no where else to turn!

Apr 7th 2013 new

I'll keep you in my prayers. The northeast can be a very difficult place for Catholics to live and practice - the folks around here tend to be intellectual snobs who have no use for God or any form of religion or even spirtuality. It's very negative and draining.

Whenever I feel weak, in any situation, I contemplate the life of St. Joan of Arc and pray for the same strength.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Prayer offered for you and your intentions. Praying theheart

Apr 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi friends,I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low where I am losing...

Hi friends,

I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low where I am losing my interest in faith and God. I believe it all intellectually, but the struggle is wearing me down. I get either opposition to my faith or isolation. I am hanging on with very little to the faith and practicing it. I have no friends or family to go to for fellowship or support and strength and the sacraments together.

Please ask the Holy Spirit to refuel my heart with faith, hope, and love like He has done with me before on occasions like this, althought this is the worst yet.

Joshua

--hide--

Hi Joshua,

I too have struggled with my faith and feeling in my heart what I know in my head to be true. It goes in cycles, but it is also how God builds up our faith in Him. Take heart, you are being refined and that is never a pleasant experience, just hang on and repeat often, "Jesus I trust in you."

Hugs and prayers.
Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi friends,I wanted to bother you with some emergency prayer request. I am at a low wher...

Hi friends,

Joshua

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart Josh: (try) and hang in there; And (alway's) keep the FAITH!!

Apr 7th 2013 new

Joshua, Know that Thomas in the scriptures this weekend, is the Saint for those who have trouble with their faith...just keep being honest with God. He loves you immensely. He died for you for you to have life abundantly. Please read the scriptures outloud because "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the word of God." He has given everyone "a measure of faith" which means, He's given you that, too. Just go to Him as your child...it's not about feelings in this world as they'll come and go. He is a constant. He's not going to disappoint you. Contact a priest that has a relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary and tell him what you are going through. Educate yourself on the Eucharistic miracles, and other miracles. God will lead you. You are His son. I implore you not to turn from Him. He is your all. Prayers, Joshua! We love you. Jeannie

Apr 7th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheartTRUST

Posts 11 - 20 of 76